Going deaf thanks to my Droid Charge screeching...
Cnsrvative

Have had my charge for about 4 months now, and off and on get the screeching reported by many Droid Charge owners.  At first, assumed it was a new kind of "digital static" associated with the 4G, but have come to find it is far from normal compared to other 4G phones.

Verizon refuses to fix, replace and continues to have me "wipe the phone"...

Just wanted to see how many other Charge owners were experiencing this deafening screeching sound to gather names for the class action lawsuit when we all go deaf from it.

S

For VZW:

Hardware version: i510.06

Model# SCH-I510

Firmware version: 2.3.6 (no updates available)

Kernal Version: 2.6.35.7-FPI

Build # SCH-I510.FPI

0 Likes
Re: Going deaf thanks to my Droid Charge screeching...
jsasbury

Have had the problem for months.  Working today with VW to solve.  Will post reply if they can correct.  Good luck.

0 Likes
jdperez11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both my girlfriend and I have the exact same issue. both of us have had replacement phones and the same problem occurred on all of the phones. The charge is just a bad phone. I upgraded to the razr. love it already

monstersmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same issue since I bought the phone. My mom has the same phone and the same issues. We can never complete a phone call with each other! Either there is a horrible screeching sound, or one of us can no longer hear or understand the other due to distortion. I've contacted Verizon in store and by phone and they are absolutely no help. They used to have the best customer service and the ability to upgrade when a phone was a piece of crap. The people are perfectly pleasant, but Verizon has not provided the employees with an actual solution. Just a list of "cure-alls" that fix nothing. I may have to look elsewhere next time I get a phone since I have had this phone for over a year and the problem is not resolved. Unfortunate, since I have been with Verizon since 1999.

I'm about ready to chuck my phone out of a window!

wldr2rn

Had this phone for almost a year...the first one didn't even make it out of the store and had to be replaced because the touch screen didn't work.  Phone #2  started the screeching and missed calls the first week...they said it was software problems that would be fixed in a month.  My daughter bought the same phone on the same day.  We are both on our 4th droid charge and they all do the same thing....screech, drop calls and the screen freezes so you can't answer or make calls.  I have called Verizon and Samsung till I'm blue in the face and all they do is keep replacing the phone with another piece of garbage!!!  My daughter finally gave in and spent 400.00 for an Iphone...I'm about to do the same.  Samsung should have to buy us new phones because of all of the trouble and inconvienience we've all dealt with!!!

0 Likes
horsebackphysicist
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine did not start the noise until an upgrade in the operating system. My first Motorola Droid X did the same thing. They had to replace the phone, I gave the new one  to my wife when I got the Charge and told her to never let it upgrade the operating system. Her's is still good, but my Charge will just about deafen you. Have they a fix, yet?

radar320
Contributor - Level 2

I don't have the screeching, but ever since the last upgrade, I have had more static and popping during calls than I ever had before.  Getting fed up.

kj1060
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had the popping and screeching for months as well and it has been getting worse. It was originally only one or two pops but now it occurs every call I receive, about 30-40 seconds into the conversation it pops then it occurs about every 20-30 seconds after the initial one. Needless to say I am very unhappy.

0 Likes
kj1060
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also of note. I thought FP1 was supposed to fix the popping/screeching, but that didn't occur for me.

0 Likes
sibbers

I've had my phone for a little over a month now and it's done it since the first week I got it. I went to the store they supposedly fixed it, but now it is worse. My ear hurts so bad. I'm pretty sure it ruptured my ear drum it's been that bad. This is hte worst phone I've ever owned. I'm tryin to get verizon to take it back and replace it for free but so far nothing..If anyone figures this out please let me know. I can't take anymore

0 Likes