Google Calendar Doesn't Access Contacts
GARHIG52

I recently got a new Motorola Droid Mini, Android version 4.4.4, and installed the latest version of Google Calendar from the Play store.  When I add a new event to my calendar and try to invite guests, the calendar app doesn't link to my contacts to display possible names.  I have to type in the full email address of anyone I want to invite.  This used to work on all previous versions of Google Calendar on my phones.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Calendar Doesn't Access Contacts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you saving your contacts to your Google account or another email account? Are you creating the event in the Google account or the phone only calendar?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Google Calendar Doesn't Access Contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to invite guests to an event saved in your calendar is very important and you’ve come to the right place for help, GARHIG52.  Ann154 has some great recommendations regarding your contacts and if they’re saved on the same Google account as the calendar event.  You mentioned that it worked on other devices that you had.  Do you know if any of your other devices were also Android 4.4.4 or were they a newer version of Android?

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes