Google won't load, forced close and flashing address bar?
kllr1957
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've owned my phone since March and I'm having my first-ever problem with my HTC Incredible. When I tap the internet icon, Google won't open, the Google address flashes rapidly in the address bar and then the force closed notification appears. I have turned the phone off and back on which did nothing. Any ideas? Thank you, Kathy R.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google won't load, forced close and flashing address bar?
kllr1957
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh well I'm so dumb--I cleared the cache and cookies and poor Google is fine again...  Kathy R.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ringah
Contributor - Level 1

I actually just saw this happening on someone elses phone.  I came up with an idea to change the homepage to something other than google, and it worked like a charm.  After that even put google back as the homepage and it worked.

*Edit*  Their phone was also the Incredible sound like something with the phone.

0 Likes
kllr1957
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, I tried your suggestion but it didn't fix my Google browser problem.  I switched to Yahoo which opened fine, then back to Google, which behaved just as before. I stopped in a Verizon store today, their only suggestion is to do a hard reset 😞  Kathy R.

0 Likes
kllr1957
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh well I'm so dumb--I cleared the cache and cookies and poor Google is fine again...  Kathy R.

0 Likes