Green light ... nothing else.
mikeqtx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yesterday I changed my google password from my computer.  Later that day I noticed that my phone had an orange triangle and a notation that gmail could not be accessed.  I expected that.  What I did not expect was that I would lose connectivity to my wifi.  Eventually, I signed into google and my wifi was up  again ( i.e. blue vs. gray indicator bars).  I then attempted to download an app from the google store - cbs fantasy football.  After I did, my phone started to freak out.   It was cycling over and over again from the home screen to something else.  I took the battery out and tried to power up.  same thing.  Eventually the phone went totally dark.  Now, I can't power on.  When I plug the phone into the wall charger the green light blinks on and off.  If I plug the phone into the USB the green light stays on constantly.  any ideas.  i am going to take it for VZW to look at it after work, but I wanted to see if anybody had any ideas I could pose to the tech.  otherwise I'm just a babe in the woods here.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Green light ... nothing else.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mikeqtx,

Let's bring your device back to life! It sounds like your software has been corrupted. Try an Alternate Hard Reset to the device http://vz.to/1c9b6cl

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mikeqtx,

Let's bring your device back to life! It sounds like your software has been corrupted. Try an Alternate Hard Reset to the device http://vz.to/1c9b6cl

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jael831
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar problem and tried to do a reset with the home and power button and it still will not power on or come up with the little android guy.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there jael831,

I'm sorry that you find yourself in a similar situation. Did you try the alternate hard reset that Pamela suggested? Let us know.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

On the Droid X you have to Pull the battery out of the phone and then Hold the power button for 25 to 30 Sec. I'd then let the phone set for about 10 min. re-instal the battery and then try to re-power it..

0 Likes