Grey Battery Icon?
lilbear522

I had my phone replaced after a year so the phone is new but the battery is old. Recently it would shut off (even if it had battery life) and not turn on until I took the battery out and put it back in a couple of times. Yesterday a grey battery icon appeared and when I plugged the phone in the led blinked orange and green. This morning the phone would not turn on at all even after fiddling with the battery. Is this a phone problem or will replacing the battery work?

0 Likes
Re: Grey Battery Icon?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would certainly try a different battery before replacing the phone again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow lilbear522. That's definitely strange behavior for your phone. Has your phone or the battery been exposed to any liquid or any physical damage? Was your original phone replaced for a similar issue? Are you still using the original charger and battery that came with the first phone, or are you using a third-party accessory purchased after getting the original phone? Please share details.

Thank you.
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
incredibletoo

I assume that you know how many different car problem scenarios you can have with a bad or going bad car battery as the battery gets older??? (Just imagine how much smaller the guts of that phone battery is and probably puts up with a lot more abuse in the way of charging/discharging and inpact/vibrations)  Between 3 cell phones and different batteries (and different points of their lives) I've seen different negative scenarios happen.  Yes, definitely try a new battery!

0 Likes