HAS ANYONE EVERY HEARD OF A UPGRADED PHONE WITH LESS PERKS !!!
cdy31762

i RECENTLY PURCHASED (2) TWO DROID X2 PHONES FROM THE SOUTH BEND, INDIANA VERIZON STORE ON IRELAND RD. THERE SHOULD BE A NOTE THAT SAYS BUYER BEWARE WE ARE PAID ON COMMISSION AND TELL YOU THAT IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY EVEN IF IT WAS A RAINFALL OR BLIZZARD OUTSIDE AS LONG AS THEY GOT YOUR ATTENTION.  AFTER OVER 1-HOUR CHECKING OUT PHONES AND ASKING QUESTIONS I DECIDED I REALLY LIKED THE DROID X2 WITH ALL THE WHISTLES AND BELLS AND THE 4G NETWORK "THAT WAS BEING UPGRADED IN THIS AREA", AFTER SPENDING ALMOST $500.00 AND TICKLED PINK WITH WHAT I WAS TOLD ABOUT THIS FABULOUS PHONE, WELL GUESS WHAT,  FIRST WAS TOLD THAT IT WOULD SINC TO MY 08 FORD FUSION STEREO, "DONT WORK" YOU HAVE GOT TO HAVE A CERTAIN STEREO, SECOND, MY WONDERFUL 4G PHONE IS NOT A 4G PHONE AFTER-ALL IT IS A 3G PHONE !!! AND IT IS NOT GOING TO BE UPDATED TO 4G, WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD THINK THAT YOU WOULD SELL A NEWER VERSION OF PHONE WITH LESS PERKS, THE DROID X IS 4G BUT THE DROID X2 IS NOT !! DO THEY CARE THAT THE SALES REP MIS-LED YOU "no no no no" YOU HAVE THE PHONE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOU ARE SCREWED FOR 2-YEARS MIND YOU THAT IS $126.00 A MONTH PER PHONE !! WOW, AND IT DON'T DO WHAT YOU WAS TOLD IT WOULD, GO TO THE MANAGER AND THEY CALL YOU A LIAR THAT THERE SALES REP WOULD NEVER SAY A 3G PHONE WAS 4G ~~ I GUESS SALES REPRESENTATIVES CAN NOT MIX-UP THEIR PHONES ON ACCIDENT OR ON PURPOSE, I WOULD SAY IT WAS A INNOCENT MISTAKE ON THE REPS PART, HOWEVER WHEN YOU ADDRESS IT WITH THE MANAGER THEY TELL YOU YOUR STUCK WITH THE PHONE BECAUSE IT WAS AFTER THE 14 DAYS RETURN POLICY ... WELL HELLO WHEN THEY SAY THEY ARE UPGRADING THE TOWERS YOU TEND TO BE A LITTLE LENIENT AND HOPE IT HAPPENS AS SOON AS THEY CAN, I WOULD RATHER WAIT A MONTH THEN TO SEE THEM RUSH AND SCREW IT UP ... BUT NO MORE ... THIS IS MY LAST CONTRACT WITH VERIZON IF I EVEN CONTINUE IT FOR THE TWO YEARS I AM THINKING ABOUT PAYING THE EARLY TERMINATION FEE'S WHICH BY THE WAY IS 325.00 PER LINE SO SUCKED OUT OF ANOTHER 650.00 BUT AT LEAST I WILL NOT BE PAYING 240 PLUS A MONTH FOR SOMETHING THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY SAID AND DOES NOT WORK FOR THE PURPOSE OF BUYING A 4G PHONE ~~ I HAVE ALWAYS HAD FAITH WITH VERIZON BECAUSE AT ONE TIME THEY CARED AND WAS THE BEST FROM NORTH, SOUTH , EAST AND WEST ~~~ NOT NO MORE ~~~ THEY ARE JUST LIKE THE REST REAL YOU IN GET YOU TO SIGN A CONTRACT AND FORGET ABOUT YOU UNTIL YOU DON'T PAY YOUR BILL !!!!! ANYONE ELSE EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM IF SO WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU ... I PERSONALLY AM CONTACTING THE BBB AND LODGING A COMPLAINT AS IF THAT WILL DO ANY GOOD BUT AT LEAST I GET SATISFACTION OF KNOWING THEY ARE NOT WALKING AWAY FROM ME WITHOUT A MARK ON THEIR FACE, NOW I WANT TO SEE IF THEY EVEN HAVE ENOUGH GULL TO POST THIS SO WHERE OTHERS CAN SEE AND READ THIS !!!

0 Likes
Re: HAS ANYONE EVERY HEARD OF A UPGRADED PHONE WITH LESS PERKS !!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why didn't you do your own research before making a purchase of such a large amount and period of time?

Also please don't use all Capital letters in posts. It makes it very hard to read for the other users of this peer to peer community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cdy31762

if u don't like the way I type I suggest you don't read it and as far as research goes that is what customer service and sales is all about

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I did my own research for the last four phone models that I purchased. I have been satisfied with the results. I don't rely on the store representative opinions nor do I usually go to the store to purchase a cellular phone.

You're right. No one else will read your post because of the super large font and capital letters. I choose to respond because I can usually get through such a post before giving up and moving on. I am done with this topic.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

After spending so much time looking at phones, did you not notice that SOME phones have 4G on the description and others DID NOT? The X2 was one of the phones that DID NOT have 4G on the description. I would have taken that as a hint.

Second, the Droid X is NOT a 4G phone. It is 3G just like the X2.

YES, the X2 has the capability to sync to the radio in the Ford Fusion. NO, not all trim levels of the Ford Fusion. When you bought your car, you were aware that it came in different trim levels, didn't you? Did you think that ALL trim levels had the same features? Did the sales rep go out and see your car? If not, how could you possibly think that the sales rep knew what trim level you had?

You say that it is possible the sales rep could have been accidentaly gotten the 4G phones mixed up when he said the X2 was 4G. Well after spending so much time looking at different phones, some of which I am sure WERE 4G phones, I would think it is ALSO possible YOU could have gotten the 4G phones mixed up.

And to finish off, bad news about the ETF. It starts at $350, not $325 for you each of your phones. Good news, though, is that it drops $10 for each month of your service you complete.

cdy31762

glad your done now how about letting it go your happy with them cudos to

you i am not and will voice my ooinion as such!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am sorry but Ann has a good point, it is always wise to research what you investing your money into to avoid situation like this and also posting all caps does make things a bit difficult to read and you may want to consider giving it a try.

I understand your frustration but there really isn't any need to be rude with your response if you do not like the response of other users, you shouldn't post on a community forum if you do not expect that everyone wont view the situation the same as you because users may have suggestions to assist your situation but when you respond to posters with attitude it usually get your answers and responses to be short or none.

Since you had 14 days to identify any negativities that the device may have and you choose to not investigate the device feature, it wasn't completely the sales reps flaw because the specs for the device are listed in the store and also information on the device is located in a number of places..

Sorry to hear the direction that the deal went for you but now I hope you understand the importance of researching...