Re: HTC INCREDIBLE ISSUE>>> VERIZON, PLEASE FIX
FramCire

1.  Most people who did a factory reset when they updated to Froyo are experiencing very few problems.

2.  Bloatware has been around forever.  If you do not want it, you CAN get rid of it.  It will void your warranty BUT there is a way to do it (I choose not to do this).

3.  The apps you are upset about are "running" but go check how much resources they are using.  You will find they use very little. 

4.  Task killers are worthless on Android and even more so on Froyo.  Disable your immediately (for anyone reading this who has one installed).

Folks, there are a few minor issues here and there but a bit of research and effort and you will find MANY answers.

I DO NOT WORK FOR VERIZON but I had problems with this phone and they have taken care of me.

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3
But... does anyone in your inmediate family work for VZ? Sorry, i can't resist asking as some of the comments in this forum seem overly in support of VZ.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
WD401n1 I have very close friends in corporate vzw, and a relative in tech support. With a company this big and so many customers you'll be hard pressed to not find users tied to vzw somehow.
I myself am probably on this site as some sort of unconscious loyalty to the company.
Why not?
Anyways I'd like to hear some actual numbers on how many people actually have serious problems and how many devices are seriously defective. Or are people experiencing minor bugs and blowing it out of proportion. Android is buggy, that's why new versions fix the bugs.
Bloatware? Well, that's beating a dead horse these days. It's a fact its not going away. We either take control back, or quietly move to the back of the line.
Unfortunately an alternative cannot be discussed here with helpful Pro's, and Con's.
"that's all I have to say about that" - Gump
0 Likes
FramCire

I have no family or friends that work for VZW.  I am an Alltel customer, so only been with Verizon for a short time. It is funny that you either bash Verizon or people think you work for them.

0 Likes
mwilson85

ok thats all well and good, but how do you account for the phone randomly rebooting over and over again after 3-5 minutes of use (using internet, using apps etc), presumably because of overheating?  It never did that before the 2.2. update... do you have an answer to that?  I doubt you do. The 2.2 update totally{word filter avoidance} up my phone and made it useless...

0 Likes
mwilson85

minor problems?  Um no they are major... try every app on my phone crashing upon opening, all of my contacts being erased, my phone randomly rebooting over and over (presumably because of it overheating) and glitchy inetrface... all began happening after the 2.2 update.  It was absolutely great and perfect before with the stock 2.1... ugh...

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
It's a love/hate relationship. Right now its love lol.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

w40d1n1 wrote:
But... does anyone in your inmediate family work for VZ? Sorry, i can't resist asking as some of the comments in this forum seem overly in support of VZ.

I actually find that comment funny...  One could even say you must work for AT&T and hate the fact that you are losing iPhone sales so you troll on boards feeding false information.

No matter what forum I am in I don't know how I find the time to browse forums, and work for 7 companies...  Ranging from AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, Samsung, Motorola, or HTC...

0 Likes
budone
Legend

w40d1n1 wrote:
budone, do you, or anyone in your family, work for VZ?

Nope. My service was with Alltel for years. When I heard VZW was buying them I said I would NEVER stay with VZW. I do not like their plans nor their prices.

However, when I was offered an Incredible 13 months before my contract ended and I could use my NE2 AND keep my Alltel plan, my view changed. If you go search, you will find I had MAJOR ISSUES after the 2.2 update.  But those are corrected, my battery life is good and I am happy.

I am sorry you are not happy, however just as you can come here  and moan about the device, and those of us who are happy with the device,  we who are happy are just as welcome to voice our opinion as well and offer many suggestions to help you. But it is up to YOU to decide to try what has been suggested, we can't force feed you.

Why not just sell it to pay the ETF and go get another phone? Which BTW will be laden with programs you will not like either.

Let me ask you, do you, or anyone in your family work for AT&T?  Sure sounds like it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
"But... does anyone in your inmediate family work for VZ? Sorry, i can't resist asking as some of the comments in this forum seem overly in support of VZ. "--w40d1n1
yup.....my comments are mostly in support of vzn. love vzn. if i didn't i wouldn't be a customer. i don't understand people that stay with a provider that they have so many issues with. there's a ton of providers so if i wasn't a fan of vzn, i wouldn't use them.
0 Likes