HTC INcredible 2 Lag - Bluetooth?
Primo

The last couple of days, I've had issues of my Incredible 2 freezing. I don't know for sure why, but I have noticed that it only happens with the Bluetooth turned on.

Usually I have to remove the battery because the screen won't recognize I'm making contact. Tonight I was able to use "restart" but it was a long time coming before it actually responded.

This started today or yesterday. No new apps added. Didn't have such a problem before with Bluetooth.

Anyone else? Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC INcredible 2 Lag - Bluetooth?
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Primo wrote:

The last couple of days, I've had issues of my Incredible 2 freezing. I don't know for sure why, but I have noticed that it only happens with the Bluetooth turned on.

Usually I have to remove the battery because the screen won't recognize I'm making contact. Tonight I was able to use "restart" but it was a long time coming before it actually responded.

This started today or yesterday. No new apps added. Didn't have such a problem before with Bluetooth.

Anyone else? Thank you.

Thank you for your inquiry. Something unknown maybe interfering with the Bluetooth connection to the device. A suggestion is to try unpairing your Bluetooth connection and doing a new Bluetooth pairing up of the device perhaps resolving the problem. 

I am giving a link to assist you with Bluetooth Pairing and to the user manuel for additional assistance along with steps for unpairing as found on page 208. The link is: http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5641&m=

The steps for Unpairing a Bluetooth device:

1. From the main Home screen, press MENU , and then tap Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth settings.

2. In the Bluetooth devices section, press and hold the device to unpair.

3. Tap Disconnect and unpair or tap Unpair if the Bluetooth device is currently not connected to your phone.

To connect to the other device again, use the how to found on the above link. You may need to enter or confirm a passcode again; so make a note of it before you do the unpairing process. I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Primo wrote:

Anyone else? Thank you.

Thank you for your inquiry. Something unknown maybe interfering with the Bluetooth connection to the device. A suggestion is to try unpairing your Bluetooth connection and doing a new Bluetooth pairing up of the device perhaps resolving the problem. 

I am giving a link to assist you with Bluetooth Pairing and to the user manuel for additional assistance along with steps for unpairing as found on page 208. The link is: http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5641&m=

The steps for Unpairing a Bluetooth device:

1. From the main Home screen, press MENU , and then tap Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth settings.

2. In the Bluetooth devices section, press and hold the device to unpair.

3. Tap Disconnect and unpair or tap Unpair if the Bluetooth device is currently not connected to your phone.

To connect to the other device again, use the how to found on the above link. You may need to enter or confirm a passcode again; so make a note of it before you do the unpairing process. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Primo

As it turns out, I think it was Pandora.

My phone has had issues with Pandora. When I first got the phone, Pandora wouldn't load. So I uninstalled and then reinstalled and it worked fine.

Although the problem didn't always include Pandora, it began with Pandora, and on a hunch decided to delete the app and see if I have the Bluetooth problem. I have not.

I'll give it another day and then try re-installing Pandora.

Thank you for your help. Hope this may help others.

0 Likes
Juice7

My Droid (incredible 2) seems to be lagging and freezing all the time,  I have very little apps..  I uninstalled Pandora because I read that might solve the problem (it didnt)  I shut off my Blue Tooth Unpaired and uninstalled (nothing changed)  before I do something drastic (like buy an iphone) can you tell me what I might be missing ?   I also uninstalled the Task Killer App I had..

Help me !

0 Likes
cowboy65
Enthusiast - Level 3

go to Motorola web site type your problems they will help you

0 Likes