HTC Passion
techspert
Contributor - Level 1

Snapdragon 1GHz processor, Android 2.0, large display.....in Q4, allegedly

http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/25/mystery-htc-android-handset-has-a-name-and-a-carrier/

Who's on board????

0 Likes
Re: HTC Passion
Homeskewld

Let's see how many pages we can get this too before we actually hear anything official about it lol. I still think this is too good to be true. With the Hero/Desire being released soon why would HTC put out another device that tops it?

0 Likes
pistolpete

I have been following the omnia 2 thread but have just discovered info on the Passion. How does this phone stack up with O2 and what would be the pros and cons.  Do we have specs on this phone or is it all speculation.

0 Likes
tanks4nuthn

PROS: Everything is better

Omnia 2 is sooo last month

0 Likes
techspert
Contributor - Level 1

Homeskewld wrote:

Let's see how many pages we can get this too before we actually hear anything official about it lol. I still think this is too good to be true. With the Hero/Desire being released soon why would HTC put out another device that tops it?

Expect the Desire to be more compact and lower priced.  I'm gonna guess $149 because Verizon has been coming in under the competition, ie. the Tp2 pricing.  The Passion will be a keyboardless option to the Droid and won't be as compact in hand.  Besides, the Desire and Droid are due out in less than 2 weeks.  The Passion sounds like it would be more of a December release, Thanksgiving at the earliest.  Guess we'll know more about Verizon and Android in general on Wed when they have the Droid press announcement.

0 Likes
Homeskewld

Oh how I hope you are right. At this point I just want to see something else besides the Droid and S2. I need a phone and at this rate I will never end up with one since there will always be some "next big thing" right around the corner that I'll end up wanting to wait for. I don't like this game :smileysad:

0 Likes
fatejd

This looks like the phone I've been hoping Verizon would carry sooner or later, but never thought they would.  Hello Verizon version of HTC HD2!!! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Homeskewld

Anyone have any new news on this? I see there looks to be a quite a debate as to whether or not this is GSM or CDMA. I know the 3G and Signal bars myth has been debunked since the Droid and Droid Eris both sport the 3G symbol instead of EV-DO or at least they did in earlier pictures. I just need something good to look forward to since the O2 is taking forever, the Droid is ugly, and the Droid Eris is lacking. I need something good, I'm loosing it! Help me Tom Cruise, Help me!

http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog/2009/10/htc-passion-also-known-as-dragon-is-a-gsm-device/

0 Likes
techspert
Contributor - Level 1

Homeskewld wrote:

Anyone have any new news on this? I see there looks to be a quite a debate as to whether or not this is GSM or CDMA. I know the 3G and Signal bars myth has been debunked since the Droid and Droid Eris both sport the 3G symbol instead of EV-DO or at least they did in earlier pictures. I just need something good to look forward to since the O2 is taking forever, the Droid is ugly, and the Droid Eris is lacking. I need something good, I'm loosing it! Help me Tom Cruise, Help me!

http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog/2009/10/htc-passion-also-known-as-dragon-is-a-gsm-device/

Sorry, Homeskewld.  Been kinda quiet with all the Droid fuss.  Hopefully there will be some more leaks in the coming weeks, but I'm guessing this would be more of a Thanksgiving phone at best, maybe early December.  I figure they're going to give the Droid and Eris a cushion of sales time.  Phonedog tried to point out the Passion was not a CDMA phone but they did half their homework and fell flat on their face.  That site sucks, plainly and simply.  On another front, if you're a fan of Sense, I think we might see the HTC Passion as another Verizon first, an HTC phone sporting Android 2.0 with Sense out of the box.  Word is coming down that the int'l Hero will be upgraded eventually from 1.5 straight to 2.0 (skipping 1.6) which makes me think HTC has been working on Sense for the newest version of Android.  I have to say, I'm somewhat hung up on the design of the Droid.  Otherwise, I like everything else about it, though I have yet to hear if it's multi-touch capable.  I think the Passion is the phone for me, provided it is coming to Verizon soon.  I can't wait much longer.  Ugh.  The Eris seems a little too hardware deficient, especially the small screen, but $99 on contract...whoa.

BTW, noting your location, are you a Beaver?

0 Likes
Homeskewld

I agree with you on the design of the droid. I think it's pretty ugly honestly and that's probably the biggest reason why I wouldn't get it at this point, that and I've heard that sense is a huge addition to the android platform and I would really like to have it but the eris is like you said hardware deficient.

P.S. Yes I am a beaver. Go beavs!

0 Likes