Has anyone experienced this?
kdurand

Hi Everyone,

The last day or so my ringer hasn't been ringing when someone calls.  Just vibrating.  I hear all other notifications though.  So I called VZW and I was on the phone with the tech support for 45 minutes trying to get it to work.  We ended up reseting my Droid X back to factory settings then it worked.  What a pain!!!  I had to set up my phone all over again.  Now what I'm worried about is the syncing of the bluetooth with my car.  I specifically made the hour drive to the car dealer to get them to help me sync them up because I couldn't understand why it wasn't doing it.  I just hope I don't have to go through that again.  Sync is so difficult and there's not alot of online help for it.

So I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the ringing coming in as vibration after all settings were checked for volume.

Thanks!

Ps...Ringer volume still stinks :smileysad: I hope there will be an app that comes out for a booster or an update.  Anyone know of any?

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone experienced this?
f8th637

I'm having the ringing (or lack thereof) issue myself.  I had no problems syncing my bluetooth.  I am backing things up right now in preparation for the factory reset.  There are other threads in this forum I have found and it looks like a known issue with the reset as the only fix at the moment.

0 Likes
kdurand

Ok Thanks!

I hope it doesn't become a regular thing I have to do. 

0 Likes
rob4ins

Hi, Yes I am having the same problem - Called Verizon and they were no help. They will send me a new phone. Called Motorola and they were not taking new calls. Put my name on a list for a call back.

0 Likes
jlb

The same thing happened to me and we did a factory reset yesterday and so far it has worked but since reset my 3G service has been in and out.

0 Likes
jsquyre

I had the same issue and also had to do a hard reboot.  Sounds like this is turning out to not be an isolated issue.

0 Likes
TYOzzy

Good luck getting the return call.  My name was put on a list about a week ago.  No call back yet.  In the meantime I've had other issues with the Droid X.  Verizon was good about replacing the phone.  Should arrive in 2-5 days they say.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

woodslink.....while we all appreciate your effort to help here, please not the dates of the threads you are replying to. you have posted the same response to a number of threads that are 2 years old. those users are likely not on the forum anymore, and if they are, they have a new phone by now. again, we appreciate the effort, but maybe you can help out on some more recent issues.

0 Likes
woodslink
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry,

I've been getting a lot of people saying they are searching old posts on the internet for answers to this problem.

When I coded this for myself, I figured there would only be a couple hundred with the same issue, but I can't believe the number of people that are having sound issues where the phone thinks the headset is plugged in!

0 Likes