Re: Has anyone found a good case for the Droid yet?
Easton091
Enthusiast - Level 3

willanaya wrote:

Easton091 wrote:

I cant seem to find the body glove skin that everyone is talking about.  I searched on this site and cannot find it.  Can someone post me a link?  

here you go:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=11659&page=1

Thanks!  Not really liking the look of it. 

0 Likes
DJA984
Check out the cases made by Amzer... sold on Amazon or Fommy.com Fommy has a youtube review of the hard black crystal snap on case and you can really see what it looks like - looks very nice. Myself i got the black rubberized hard case by them. It's in shipment. http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page.asp?skuno=85520 and http://www.fommy.com/accessories.asp?make=Motorola&model=Motorola+Droid+A855&cat=Cases&subCat=Hard+C... this is the one i ordered in black http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page.asp?divid=Motorola&model=Motorola+Droid+A855&cat=Cases&skuno=853... That whole belt clip thing is tacky and out of style. They made phones this thin for a reason - put them in your **bleep** pocket - please!!!
0 Likes
BobBarnhart

I got thesame case. It looked pretty cool until the phone locked up and I had to pull the cover off to remove the battery. My Droid has locked up 3 or 4 times in the week I've had it. I got a leather holster and got rid of the case.

0 Likes
Lightninrod
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
_bookbean1

I do not know what it is called, but I bought it on 11/6/09, the same day that I got the Droid and when it first came out.   Two piece system.  Dark Blue hard plastic shell fits around the screen and matching piece fits around the back.   Sliding is no problem.

Needless to say, if I choose to dock, I will most likely have to remove one or both parts from time to time.  Simply a matter of personal choice.

For me, I don't want to hastle with invoking warranties, insurance, etc.  I just want my phone to be protected, not to mention the costly amount of time that it would take to reload apps, etc.   No insurance or warranty for that.

I had a thin but hard shell molded case around my Blackberry Pearl 8130 and it worked great and served its purpose.   Dropped the phone on much more than one occasion and I never had damage due to the outer protective shell.   I know that this has added alot of bulk, but that's my choice.   No problem in my pocket.

I have never particularly cared for the rubberized glove like cases.   I don't think that they are as protective as the hard shell casings.

I gave up on the belt clip styles long ago.  For me, too geeky.   I can go on, but I believe I have stated my choice.

0 Likes
WildDroid

You can take the clip off the back and use the plain insert if you just like the body glove case and dont want the clip.

0 Likes
bcg33478

Just  another point about the Zagg whole body kit, the coverage is not 100%.  The corners and a strip around the Droid is unprotected.  Additionally, the strips they provide covering portions of the sides is more cosmetic than anything protective.  The front and back film does provide good coverage.  I may end up removing the sides but will leave the front and back intact. I have ordered the VZ case & holster combo to provide some protection for the Droid corners.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

bcg33478 wrote:

Just  another point about the Zagg whole body kit, the coverage is not 100%.  The corners and a strip around the Droid is unprotected.  Additionally, the strips they provide covering portions of the sides is more cosmetic than anything protective.  The front and back film does provide good coverage.  I may end up removing the sides but will leave the front and back intact. I have ordered the VZ case & holster combo to provide some protection for the Droid corners.

you are going to love the shell/holster combo. dropped the droid 3 feet, no problem (on to a carpet though, but none the less, 3 feet)

the backside is easy to take off so if you have the media or car dock, it will be simple to remove everytime.  it has good grips too, great material.

0 Likes
Laytimator

willanaya wrote:
you are going to love the shell/holster combo. dropped the droid 3 feet, no problem (on to a carpet though, but none the less, 3 feet)

the backside is easy to take off so if you have the media or car dock, it will be simple to remove everytime.  it has good grips too, great material.

Is the material on the Shell-/holster hard plastic, rubberized plastic, or rubber?  Thanks

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Laytimator wrote:

willanaya wrote:

Is the material on the Shell-/holster hard plastic, rubberized plastic, or rubber?  Thanks

i would say its a rubberized plastic. the case has ridges on it so you wont lose your grip.

0 Likes