Re: Has anyone found a good case for the Droid yet?
myhotweal

My son purchased a rubber case for his Droid.  The case has 2 parts to it, so one piece attaches to the bottom and the other attaches to the top part, which is the part that slides open.  The problem with it, or probably any other case is, the top of the keyboard that slides open is slightly covered by the case.  This makes it difficult to click on the keys in the very top row.  

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

gregabyte wrote:

I actually got one from the verizon store that's got a clip on the back, and it's leather and closes with a magnet. I like it.

What is the name of the holster you got? 

0 Likes
zekester

Is the Zagg case thin enough to allow it to sit in the home multimedia dock?

0 Likes
Damnyou83

The boddy glove is ok

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

zekester wrote:

Is the Zagg case thin enough to allow it to sit in the home multimedia dock?

i am not sure why people who use the zagg are considering it a case? all the zagg is, is a screen protector for the whole phone.

i would feel safer dropping my Verizon shell/holster from 6 inches to a foot because i know that the case would absorb most of the impact.  however, the zagg screen protector is only a millimeter thin.  if you tell me that this provides more protection then why arent cars, airplanes, and any form of transportation covered with this thing?

dont get me wrong, i have used zagg before and it is great to protect a plastic screen from getting scratched, i know, i used the full body protector for my EnV3 and the screen protector for my Lg Vu.  but in no way would i consider this for an adequate substitute for an actual case.

0 Likes
dknight0

they now have a snap-on cover liek the blackberries have, but without the belt clip...

this thing is perfect. can put it in a bad or in a pocket with keys without worrying abotu scratching the screen.

no need for the back-side cases or the 'screen protector' flims... all those are obselete. get the hard snap-on cover it is by-far the best protection and does not collect fuzz, or significantly add to the size of the phone, or hinder keyboard (as you remove it to use it).

they have them for the eris as well.

0 Likes
LennyHO

I found a very good case at Walmart for $9.95.  It is called "foneCASE' by foneGEAR, LLC, model number N28.  The Droid fits nice and securely (but not too tight).  The Droid will fit in this case with the rubber body glove on, but it is a real tight squeeze.  The "foneCASE" is not leather but it is made of a heavy duty canvas material.  The flap closes via velcro so you don't have to worry about magnetic fields messing up your phone.  It has a sturdy clip to attach to a belt.  The manufacturer has a web site (www.foneGEAR.com) but I could not find this particular model.  I highly recommend this case.

0 Likes
Easton091
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cant seem to find the body glove skin that everyone is talking about.  I searched on this site and cannot find it.  Can someone post me a link?  

0 Likes
fabric8r

I use the OPTECH USA (wierd name since they are made in China!) Soft Pouch attached to my belt.  The soft pouch protects my droid very well, the velco clip holds to my belt great, even when getting in and out of the truck (my truck will knock off the clip on kind), and I can get the naked droid out quickly.

I think the product number for mine is 7601124.

http://optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=34&PRODUCT_SUB_ID=

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Easton091 wrote:

I cant seem to find the body glove skin that everyone is talking about.  I searched on this site and cannot find it.  Can someone post me a link?  

here you go:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=11659&page=1

0 Likes