Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
rangersfan

Got it on the morning of Wed., Aug. 11th.

Garland, TX

FRG01B

The update installed but I did get that error screen at the very end that is shows on the update supprt page. I had to follow the instructions (remove the battery and re-boot). When I did, the install was already there and I have had no problems with it since.

My husband still has not received the update on his Droid on 8/16. We bought our original Moto Droids at the same time, are on the same family plan &  our phone numbers (which we've had for several years) are only 50 digits apart, so I can't figure out how it's being issued:smileysad:

0 Likes
Re: Have you received the official 2.2 OTA update? When, where and what version.
hebrews12

my wife just received hers, 8am central, Arkansas, 8/16/10... still waiting on mine

0 Likes
vw1994

I agree. This doing it at random is kinda **bleep**. How about do it from who got the Droid first to last...in that type of order....I never get the same answer or story...so idk what to expect..except impatience haha :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
IstonishCR

got my update today 8/16 at 10am...Pittsburgh, PA

0 Likes
xyz_racer

Received my update on 8/15 around 8:30 pm, Shelby North Carolina, fbr10b build...... Still having issues with browser and wifi.

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1
Arrived in Pittsburgh this AM.
FRG01B.
I got it, my son didn't. (Shrug)
0 Likes
bdong625

Yes. Here is the link to the pdf from the Motorola website explaining the new changes:

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/DROID-by-Motorola/US-EN/Documents/...

0 Likes
hammy116

Hey all,

My wife and I both received our Android 2.2 Froyo updates today.  She got her's first thing this morning and mine just downloaded about 10 minutes ago.  We live in Western Kentucky.  We both got the FRG01B.  It was totally worth the wait!

0 Likes
wildbear

I got the message and download on August 11th. I was in Pullman, WA.

0 Likes
mellze

I received my OTA Froyo 2.2 update last night at about 11 pm (pst).  I'm located in Ventura, California. 

0 Likes