Help! Droid X2 "modem did not start up" rsd protocol support started
jdpd201151

Help! Droid X2 "modem did not start up" rsd protocol support started..I have this on my phone...I have tried to reboot without sucess. I do not know what to do. Help me please tonight...

0 Likes
Re: Help! Droid X2 "modem did not start up" rsd protocol support started
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the delay in responding to your post, jdpd201151! My hope is that this issue has been resolved, but if not here are the steps for resolving your issue below:

1.) Plug in your DX(2) Let the Notification led Go green.
2.) Now your going to like what you would do when going into android recovery. While your phone is booting up hold the volume down and the power button until fastboot appears on your screen.
3.) Remove your battery. If you don't when you go to the next step your phone will go to far in the boot process.
4.) Scroll down with the volume down button until you get to boot android (no Bp) [It's under android recovery]
5.) Hit the volume up button and your phone will display a message saying "Cold Booting Linux"
6.) Once you get a battery with a question mark in it displaying on your screen Re install your battery And Poof You now have a charging battery.

Have a great day!

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
musicinall
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Droid X2 is doing this and I cannot get the above instructions to work.  The green LED light will come on when I plug it in, but the screen remains black no matter what I do.  HELP!?!

driodx5
Enthusiast - Level 1

mine too did you ever get it fiexed? what happened?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Receiving this error is no fun musicinall but we are here to help. So sorry the instructions did not work. Let's try a battery pull, then those instructions and let us know if you still receive the same error. Our information suggest trying this a few times and if you continue to have the error, the phone may either be damaged or have unauthorized software.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
rowalker84

I have a droid X2 and its doing this same thing, i was listening to youtube and the battery was low, the phone restarted itself and modem did not power up (2) starting rsd protocol. It just stayed at that screen. so i did a battery pull and put the battery back in and restarted. same thing. so I restarted the phone with the wire plugged in only. this time the phone says battery too low to flash, then I turned to the internet. Used the above method to charge my battery. tried to boot. stuck at starting rsd protocol again. then i searched more, found that I should wipe cache and data. wiped the data and cache and restarted, stuck at rsd protocol again. inbetween everything I do I set my battery up to charge so its always at 100% (even though when i start the charge the bar reads 5% no matter what it always shows the real charge within minutes) I dont know what to do anymore. please help. Everything was factory on my phone as far as i know i never modified anything

0 Likes
Not applicable

The Motorola forum suggests you remove the sim card.

There are simular reports for other Motorola phones but try that and see if it works.

This may be a solution as well.    https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/772503  However verizon believes the phones should be replaced. But try the fixes first.  Good Luck

0 Likes
rowalker84

I found a fix for this.

-you need a computer,

-android data transfer cable,

-RSD lite, and 2.3.4 gingerbread (stock os),

-Motorola droid x2 driver files so your computer recognizes it (if you use your phone with your comp. no need for this)

-A charged battery

RSD LITE can be downloaded free via google.

(DROID x2 os) Gingerbread 2.3.4 can be downloaded from the following link with the instructions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDjt2fiFd_0

this is the only thing that worked for me.. thank you for helping

0 Likes