Help My Screen is Black!!
jmpaz85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday I was trying to change the wallpaper on my Droid X when it froze and restarted.  Howeve it got stuck on the "Droid Eye" graphic during start-up.  I tried waiting a while before finally taking the battery out and putting it back in... only to have the same thing happen.  I then decided to take the battery out again but this time instead of restarting I let it charge however when the charging graphic (the battery with the percentage @ the bottom) cae up it said that I was at 60% so a drained battery wasnt the issue.  I then tried starting it up while plugged in the the charger and leaving it.  After about 45 min I tried to check it but the screen was black and none of the buttons would do anything however the green indicator light was blinking.  So I tried unplugging the charger and plugging it back in and the screen came up but it was locked and trying to slide the "lock bar" did NOTHING.  To add to the strange things happenening with my phone when I have an incoming call the screen all of a sudden shows up and I can slide the "answer bar" but as soon as the call is ended the screen goes black again and nothing works to bring it back except to unplug the charger and plug it in again...  I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help My Screen is Black!!
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

Might not be a bad idea to bring it into the store, or call VZW customer service.... can't hurt to see what they have to say....

The reset is easy enough to attempt....you can check it out here

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=33552

You'll need to use the "alternate" method considering you can't access you menu functions.  Keep in mind that it will erase all personal and application data from the phone and bring it back to just the Android OS that is on it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

What wallpaper were you trying to install?  Sounds like you are going to need to boot it in safe mode...or do a factory reset.

0 Likes
jmpaz85
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just using a picture from my gallery for the wallpaper.  I actually just tried rebooting in safe mode but the same thing happened. 

0 Likes
Help My Screen is Black!!
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

Wow, that stinks.   Seems like you have some functionality (calls show up) so it doesn't sound like a hardware issue... Might be time for the factory reset?

0 Likes
jmpaz85
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no idea how to do a factory reset... is it something that I can do myself or do you think it would be better to tae my phone into verizon?

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

Might not be a bad idea to bring it into the store, or call VZW customer service.... can't hurt to see what they have to say....

The reset is easy enough to attempt....you can check it out here

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=33552

You'll need to use the "alternate" method considering you can't access you menu functions.  Keep in mind that it will erase all personal and application data from the phone and bring it back to just the Android OS that is on it.

0 Likes
jmpaz85
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much for your help!  I decided to just call VZW customer service and they are sending me a replacement phone.  Smiley Happy

bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

Great!!

0 Likes