Help! WWYD?
pixie06

I have a Motorola Droid.  I have searched the forum and found that others have had the same mute/dialing/hang up issues while on a call that I am having.  I called Verizon tonight to ask about the issue.  I informed the guy I talked to about what was happening and actually ended up hitting about 30 #s during the course of the 45 minute call.  I LOVE my Droid for everything other than phone calls, but it seems kind of pointless to have a phone that I can't have a decent conversation on.  Anyway, my 30 days is almost up to return my Droid.  I hate to get rid of it since I was so excited to get it, but this is my second Droid and I am still having issues.  The first one gave me trouble while on calls (not as bad as this one, but still trouble) and after a few weeks started freezing and making a crackling noise every time I would start to dial a # to make a call.  The customer support folks at the Verizon store in my town decided that they thought my phone had a short so they replaced it with no questions asked.  When I informed the guy that I talked to tonight that I wanted to get this resolved ASAP because I was closing in on my 30 days and I didn't want to be stuck with a Droid that was going to give me trouble.  He informed me that I wouldn't be stuck with a phone I was unhappy with and that they could replace it and see if that fixed the issue and if I ended up going through 3 Droids and was still unhappy they would replace it with another phone of equal value.  He talked about replacing this one since he thought it was a sensor issue...until he heard that I was already on my 2nd phone, then he wanted to do everything but replace it and put me on my 3rd phone so he sent me to technical support who was also very helpful but still couldn't figure out my issue.  They did give me a number to Motorola to see if they know of anything to fix the issue, but since they were already closed tonight there wasn't much else they could do.  They did say that they could "try"resetting the phone, but I hate for things to be better short term and then end up back in the same boat.

Anyway, if it was your phone what would you do?  I can't decide if I should let them try to fix the issue, replace it, or return it and wait for something better to come along.  I know that I want to stick with an android phone and I really love having a regular keyboard, even if it isn't a great one but I think I could be happy with a good virtual keyboard.  I could always go back to my voyager until something better comes along, but don't want to wait forever for that something better.  And since Verizon sucks with giving dates of new phones I feel like I may be waiting for a LONG time.  Has anyone had the issue and a reset resolved it?

TIA for any input, info, or help you can give me.

0 Likes
Re: Help! WWYD?
hellorockview
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it were me, I would try one more replacement. But that's just because the Droid is the only phone on Verizon right now that I actually really love.

There has to be some sort of fix to your problem though. I'm wondering, is the screen still on when you're on these phone calls? Or are these things being activated while the screen is off?

0 Likes
colfrmb

So... your post is from last month.  What did you end up doing?

0 Likes
pixie06

Sorry!  I thought I replied to this last month and just came across it when I was looking for info on the devour and the incredible.

After calling Motorola and getting no reassurance that they were even working on a fix  for the very common issue I was having I decided to take it back.  To me it wasn't worth dealing with for however long it took them to get around to fixing it and Verizon didn't offer to replace it...actually at the store they acted like they didn't even believe me.  I didn't want to be stuck with a phone that worked for everything but a phone so I decided I would wait for something better to come along.  Hopefully that happens soon!

0 Likes
colfrmb

Thanks for following up - so, what did you get and do you like it? 

0 Likes
pixie06

For now I went back to my Voyager until something better comes along.  Stinks after having my Droid for almost a month, but I'm hoping the Incredible is out soon.  If not I may go for the Devour or N1. 

0 Likes