Hope VZW is ready for mass refunds on 9/23
taybo8596
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am no legal expert, but I believe when the CEO's of VZW and Motorola promised in the launch of the X that the 2.2 update would arrive during late summer, many people bought the phone understanding that it's potential would come to fruition in a short order. I will be demanding a refund on 9/23 for false advertisement.  X owners essentially have the body of a Cadillac with the engine of of a VW beetle under the hood.  I understand software takes time, but don't make promises that cannot be kept.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hope VZW is ready for mass refunds on 9/23
Tidbits
Legend

taybo8596 wrote:

I am no legal expert, but I believe when the CEO's of VZW and Motorola promised in the launch of the X that the 2.2 update would arrive during late summer, many people bought the phone understanding that it's potential would come to fruition in a short order. I will be demanding a refund on 9/23 for false advertisement.  X owners essentially have the body of a Cadillac with the engine of of a VW beetle under the hood.  I understand software takes time, but don't make promises that cannot be kept.

Have you considered reading the Droid responses to 2.2?  Would you wait a little longer if you didn't have problems like the Droid users? 

Sure 2.2 may have some added features, but it doesn't take the away features.  If you read the Motorola forums the end of summer is NOT a promise nor a deadline.  They are working on it, and if you want it done better than the Droid you may have to wait a bit.  It may be Droid users are the Droid X test subjects to see what would arise on the update, and to fix them before releasing it to you.  I bet you may turn out to be a happy camper if everything went smoothly.

If it doesn't come by the 23rd it will make no difference to 85%+ of total users of the Droid X it still does what it was really advertised to do WITHOUT 2.2 update. 

If 2.2 really mattered to you...  You would have not baught the device regardless what was promised.  I sure wouldn't especially when you should understand.  Low level reps CAN NOT make promises on behalf of their company without AUTHORIZATION.  I can assure you NO company will allow it.  It would always be advertised by a high level person first like a CEO or someone who is authorized by the company.

Also the update has to come from Motorola not Verizon.  So ANY employee can not make a promise or claim with regards to Motorola bringing the update.

That's like me saying Taybo8596 told me that He "promises to give $1,000,000 to the first 10 people to PM their telephone numbers".  Do you have to honor that?  No, as you gave me no authorization to make that claim on your behalf.  I would however be liable.  So in court you will LOSE to Verizon, and Motorola, but you would win against the person who made that claim(this has been in courts for a very long time with different companies).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MsDroidX
Contributor - Level 2

I will be keeping my Droid X whether or not the 2.2 update comes out before 9/23 or not. I love my phone. It works fine.  So I will be happy whenever the update is released.

0 Likes
taybo8596
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love the phone also, but I think there are other 2.2 froyo phones that I could love also.  Just a shame to have such a great phone, but not the ability that has already been delivered to a simliar phones such as the D2.  For the D1 to already have Froyo and not the X just does not make sense.  Car companies don't launch a new model and then tell you we will make it better someday.

0 Likes
MsDroidX
Contributor - Level 2

taybo8596 wrote:

I love the phone also, but I think there are other 2.2 froyo phones that I could love also.  Just a shame to have such a great phone, but not the ability that has already been delivered to a simliar phones such as the D2.  For the D1 to already have Froyo and not the X just does not make sense.  Car companies don't launch a new model and then tell you we will make it better someday.

If you are so unhappy not having the froyo update, why wait?  Return it now and buy another phone.

0 Likes
taybo8596
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can't return it yet.....  I bought it on the day it came out, which was july 15.  I am well outside of the 30 return window.  What I am saying though, is that they promised that this phone was going to be so much better once the update came out.  In addition, when the phone was first debuted it was advertised that the update would arrive during the summer.  Fall will be here soon.

0 Likes
das7771

Well if the froyo update is the determining factor on keeping your phone then you should have returned the day you got it.  I hate to burst your bubble but froyo is not that big of an update.  I have the incredible as well as the DX and when I got the 2.2 update for my Dinc I really don't even notice much except for a few new features.  The DX is a great phone. It's acutally better than my Dinc in many ways even with out the 2.2 update.  It seems like you just want the latest and greatest thing just to have it and not because of the functionality.  You will not notice a huge difference with froyo I can guarantee that.  I am sure once you get froyo you will then begin to threaten to return your phone again because you don't have gingerbread (3.0).  If you are at all familiar with the way these big cellular companies work, anything is rarely on time.  One of the rumors that froyo was delayed is that there were some major issues with it.  So I would rather be patient and wait for a good and stable update than sit at my comp and rant about some minor update.  Last time I checked there was nothing in our contracts about receiving froyo on a specific date or at all.  If you want it that bad, why don't you just root your phone and install the leak.

0 Likes
dplace

Since when does running 2 to 5 times faster with JIT or better power management and hopefully the WiFi connectivity bug fix account for a minor update? Simply say that you do not need or want these features but to say they are minor is ignorant.

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

flash 10.1 anyone? not with 2.1. the thing that bothers me about waiting for the update is there are alot of people who are experiencing issues with their phone that isnt gonna be fixed just by installing 2.2 but are bug fixes issued by motorola aside from 2.2. why everything has to be crammed together is beyond me. If i bought a v8 car and it had two issues say it was running on 7 cylinders and also the wiper delay wasnt working the dealer wouldnt say wait til we have a solution for your wipers before fixing the engine and we wouldn`t accept that as an answer either. so why arent they releasing bug fixes for the known issues instead of making everyone wait for froyo? I want my phone to run the way it was intended and its not froyo thats gonna fix some peoples sound issues or 3g issues or a camera that when you sometimes take a pic its just a black image. I`m not a new customer to verizon and this certainly isnt my first phone. my youngest son has an env touch and when he acquired it it was on software version 3 and they`re up to version 9. every phone except for my first samsung flip phone had random updates but other than addressing a battery condition soon after i got this phone there hasn`t been one since yet many issues have been reported. even the forum moderator on the motorola site has said that some of the bug fixes will be incorporated with froyo? There are enough apps on the market to make 2.1 the way it should be but there are no apps that fix some of the problems people are experiencing. Only motorola has the ability to do that yet they have been silent except to say wait for the 2.2 update which except from their original statement of its late summer arrival hasn`t said boo. Late summer has been here and it`s almost fall. to he77 with froyo... just fix my phone please with the bug fixes that they want to roll in with froyo.

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

btw... i have no intention of asking for a refund but i`m certainly going to exercise my rights under the manufacturers warranty until they make this phone work as they described. I will accept nothing less.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
LOL this thread is funny. Who cares about 2.2 The droid x rocks. Sure it will be a plus. Mass refunds? Why? The phone works perfectly fine. Not everyone cares about flash. Wasnt this the EXACT same story when 2.1 was promised with earlier phones? "wheres my 2.1, blah blah"
0 Likes