How do I connect to Wi-Fi during a flight when the phone is in airplane mode?
SandraW

I'm new to this phone and just flew with it for the first time.   I had a free coupon code for onboard Wi-Fi, but couldn't figure

out how to connect to the Wi-Fi when the phone is in airplane mode.  I ended up just leaving the phone off during the flight.

Thanks in advance for your help! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I connect to Wi-Fi during a flight when the phone is in airplane mode?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Put the phone in airplane mode. Then go in the settings and turn the wifi back on. There are shortcuts to get to these settings, but I will post the long way for the learning experience.

Airplane mode:
From the Homescreen > menu > settings > wireless & networks > airplane mode > check on

Turn on wifi:
From the Homescreen > menu > settings > wireless & networks > wifi settings > turn on wifi > menu > scan > select an available network > enter the password as required > touch the connect button

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I connect to Wi-Fi during a flight when the phone is in airplane mode?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Put the phone in airplane mode. Then go in the settings and turn the wifi back on. There are shortcuts to get to these settings, but I will post the long way for the learning experience.

Airplane mode:
From the Homescreen > menu > settings > wireless & networks > airplane mode > check on

Turn on wifi:
From the Homescreen > menu > settings > wireless & networks > wifi settings > turn on wifi > menu > scan > select an available network > enter the password as required > touch the connect button

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes