How do I find or install Google Calendar on my Motorola Droid?
deltaskye

I want to sync or import my Outlook 2010 calendar to my Droid. I believe I have to first import/sync my Outlook calendar to Google Calendar on my desktop, which I've done. What I cannot figure out is how to find Google Calendar on my Droid.

I assume the default Calendar app is not the same thing as Google Calendar? How do I put Google Calendar on my Droid, then transfer the data from my desktop Google calendar to my Droid Google calendar? I looked and searched in the Play Store on my Droid and could not find Google Calendar there.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I find or install Google Calendar on my Motorola Droid?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Google calendar will sync with the default calendar app.  In your account & sync setting verify that your gmail address has the calendar sync turned on.  You can also check the setting within the calendar app to verify the goggle calendar is visible.  When you create an event on your phone choose the gmail/google account as the calendar to save the event to for it to sync with the online calendar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Google calendar will sync with the default calendar app.  In your account & sync setting verify that your gmail address has the calendar sync turned on.  You can also check the setting within the calendar app to verify the goggle calendar is visible.  When you create an event on your phone choose the gmail/google account as the calendar to save the event to for it to sync with the online calendar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
deltaskye

Thank you for the fast reply.

When you say this: "In your account & sync setting verify that your gmail address has the calendar sync turned on." do you mean check the settings on my Droid, on my desktop Google Calendar, or in Outlook Calendar?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would be the settings on the phone.

0 Likes
deltaskye

Thanks very much. Part of my problem was having more than one Google/Gmail account...had to sift through those to pick the right one.

I found that I could first save my Outlook calendar as a file on my desktop, then simply browse for that file name and import it into Google Calendar. There were other directions I found on how to move Outlook calendar to Google Calendar, but that was easiest.

Appreciate the helpful guidance!

0 Likes