Re: very weak signal strength
peggysue

Thanks- this suggestion did not help me.

0 Likes
jammitnyc

I also just bought one of these 'phones' and have the same problem.  None of the suggestions here or other sites works.  I work at a company that has a contract with Verizon and we have mulitple repeaters in each building.   Everyone sitting inches from me, all different models of phones and different phone plans, have nothing but excellent reception.  My old Env never had a problem.   At most I can get 1 or 1/2 of a bar in areas where I had full reception with my old phone.    There are all sorts of postings all over the internet about this so I'm not sure I understand why anyone would say they've never heard of this before.   Taking phone back today for sure.  Whats the point of having a phone if you can't use it as a phone?

0 Likes
lahayed

I find it comical that both HTC and Verizon say they have not had this problem reported before.  They have known about these problems and don't want to deal with it.  They either need to give us new phones that actually work or solve the problem.  There is no problem with the phone not showing signal strength.  The phone just has bad reception.  I can be standing next to my wife who has a Droid 2 and she will show 3 bars and I will have no service.  And when I say no service, I mean the phone has absolutely no signal.  Verizon needs to stop posting help that does not work, and get someone to fix the problem.  This issue is not solved.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

peggysue wrote:

Thanks- this suggestion did not help me.

Thanks to the many community members for your input. Hello PeggySue, which specific suggestion were meaning that did not help with your weak signal issue? Where are you using your device? Are you experiencing indoor signal fluctuation? Please bear in mind that indoor wireless service can have issues due to different structural properties that may and will interfere with a wireless signal. When wireless signals tend to fluctuate while indoors, we offer an alternative that greatly improves indoor signal. Please visit the link for additional information about a Verizon Wireless Network Extender.  

0 Likes
losvaldez55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Even though the network extender will not solve the problem that extends beyond the house, I thought this would be a good time to ask this question since we are on the topic of network extenders.

Why are network extenders offered for free to some, at a discount to others, and at full price to the majority of people?  $250 price tag on a network entender is no small fee to pay for a phone to operate the way it should out of the box.

Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

$250 seems like a very nominal fee if you live in a bad coverage area and need to have service..

the phone does work out of the box, but then you add bodies of water, mountain ranges and thousands of trees and that line of sight doesn't seem so clear

$250 for a one time fee over the course of 2 years is $10 a month to get service in your home for one device.

It is also your equiptment, you can sell it when you are done with it. And also you can find better deals on line for it.

0 Likes
losvaldez55
Enthusiast - Level 2

You obviously missed my point.  

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

losvaldez55 wrote:

You obviously missed my point.  

That you have no idea how cell phones work? no, I picked that up.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello jammitnyc,

I definitely understand the need to stay connected.  I would can assist you if there is still a need to do so.  Did you take the phone back or receive a replacement?  Please let me know where you stand as of right not so I may further assistance.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
losvaldez55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great response Jackwagon..   I asked for a response from VZW not a know it all.  But there is always one in every group every where you go.

0 Likes