How do I switch back to current call-I multitasked
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Ok so great thing about HTC Droid Incredible (with some other smartphones too) is that while you are talking on the phone you can easily hit the Home button and launch several other applications; ya know maybe like your contacts or maybe a notepad or whatever.

Yes I understand that Verizon + State of Oregon + Droid Incredible doesnt equal you to talk on the phone and browse the internet.

Anyways so I keep getting stuck big time.

Today I was on the phone, I was on hold so I decided to hit the home button and then go into text message to send out a text to a friend.  Then the Agent was available so I got thru my phone call but when I decided to switch back to my current call to hang up; I couldnt. 

I rotate device to wake it up but no matter what I did I tried to bring down my notifications so I can switch back to the call but the device kept sleeping. I ended up having to power off the device to hang up the phone call.

So please tell me what can I do to get back to the notification bar and that it will allow me to switch back to my current call. I tried holding down the HOME icon which brings up running apps but when I clicked the Phone, all I saw was a Call Button not a END button.

I hope its somewhere in settings that says "during a call, do not activate screensaver mode" or something

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I switch back to current call-I multitasked
Wildman
Legend

If you pull down status bar you should see a menu that will be the call in status, if you click the item it will bring the phone back to the front to be accessed again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If you pull down status bar you should see a menu that will be the call in status, if you click the item it will bring the phone back to the front to be accessed again.

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Anybody else?

Odd thing is that I just tried making a phone call to my bank; clicked the home button so I can roam freely while the automated system is like "press 1 for balance inquiries, press 2 for; blah blah blah"; anyways I was able to use the pull down menu; and not once did the screen go into hibernation mode.

But the thing is, is when I usually do talk on the phone, maybe I have to be 60seconds into the phone call my screen goes blank. 

Grrr okay lets start from scratch:

Hit phone

1-800-111-1111 (fake)

Put phone to ear

Press numbers

Oh I'm on hold

Phone to ear

After a while I pull phone from ear, blank screen, oh it woke up

Put phone back to ear

Pull phone from ear, oh it woke up, hmmm let me hit home

Going into messages now, sent message to friend

Still have phone call active

OOoh agent came on, Hi my name is Larry I'm having this issue, 5minutes later..........

Ok thank you very much, pull phone from ear, screen comes on, no, now its blank, wait its coming on, no its blank; I clicked the Pull down notifcation, nope cant, screen went blank. Held the Home Icon, went to phone, Okay call still active, I need to hang up on them but all I got was "make new call"

OMG what am I going to do, screw this; held down power button and clicked power off

So again I dont know.  I do think I have to be on the phone a certain period of time when my screen blanks out ALL THE TIME. And to use the notification bar, I cant, screen flickers on/off on/off. 

So tell me, why does my phone do that? Yes I understand its to save the screen from 'burned images' but is there some sort of option to disable this?

Thanks

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

and this has happened more than once.

Though I'm wondering if I need to remove battery after every phone call? Remove battery every day? I mean come on LOL  I know some verizon agent is gonna ask these questions:

1-Update roaming capabilities?

2-Remove Battery?

3-Reformat the device?

I guess you can say I just had it, I really want to get to the bottom of why my phone keeps blanking out while in phone calls and why I cannot switch back to current call?

As long as I do not press any other single button on my phone then yes, when call is about to end (say 10minutes) I can move phone from ear, blank screen will be visible and I can easily hit the END call button and voila

Its when I decide to hit HOME button and multitask is when I get into serious trouble.  Oh sure you can say "stop multitasking" lol hehe but come on, some times its really important; like when I need to apply for a loan or something and they want a phone number of a reference and its on my phone; theres no other way (outside of ending call) but to multitask and pull it up.

:smileyhappy:

0 Likes