How do you add contacts to 'My Account Groups' - Droid Bionic
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

On the Droid Bionic, when you open the Contacts app, there is a group button.  After pressing this button, there appears four groups under the 'My Account Groups' heading.  The first group just has a "G" icon and contains all of the contacts that were downloaded from Google Mail.

There are three other pre-defined groups:  Work, Family, and Church.  They are red in color and appear to have a lock icon in their center.  These groups are empty, and I can't seem to discover how to add any of my contacts to any of these three pre-defined groups.

I have found where you can create you own new groups and add contacts to them, but I'd like to use the pre-defined ones if I could.  Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you add contacts to 'My Account Groups' - Droid Bionic
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

I finally figured it out. The red “locked” groups are preset for contacts entered directly into the phone. I was a matter of just turning these groups off in the settings and turning on the groups that I had created in Google. All is well and working now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

have you tried from within gmail/contacts on a computer. that's where i add to groups.

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

I finally figured it out. The red “locked” groups are preset for contacts entered directly into the phone. I was a matter of just turning these groups off in the settings and turning on the groups that I had created in Google. All is well and working now.

0 Likes