How does one transfer calender from and to replacement droid x?
wes95959

How does one transfer calender from and to replacement droid x?

0 Likes
Re: How does one transfer calender from and to replacement droid x?
bearone21
Legend

the google calendar will be on the new phone when you login to gmail & can be seen on any pc, yours or public, or phone when logged in to gmail.

if you're talking about the calendar packaged with the phone, i'm not sure.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The calendar should get the calendars information from Google also, so just logging into gMail should sync all info for you automatically.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i thought that was the issue with the included calendar, that it didn't update with the google calendar.

i'm not sure which calendar is being referred to by the op.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I use the stock calendar on my Droid X and it updates automatically if I change or add info to my Google calendar or on my HTC Thunderbolt...  I haven't seen any issues with the calendar information not being synced.

Another option if this is a issue they can use apps like MyBackup to backup data from old device and restore to new but I do not see this being needed but I could be wrong and setup something different to change this on my device but I wouldn't know what.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

surprise, surprise. i've never used that calendar for fear of losing the phone & stuff on the calendar but i just checked & it does indeed have the same stuff in the google calendar, which as i said before, i can access any place i can login to gmail but phone has to be in hand for the on-board calendar.

thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It will help with the transfer to another device as long when you create events on the phone that they are created in the Google calendar instead of just the phone calendar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

so if i put something in the phone calendar it won't end up in google calendar?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is the Phone calendar, then yes it will not sync to Google.  At the top of the "new event entering screen" is a choice of which calendar to create the event in to be saved.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You are correct Ann, I have my Google account set on any calendar I use so I never see the options for the phone, I dont know why this would even be a option when the purpose of the calendar is to stay on top on appointments and if the phone crash and you save to phone you loose them all..

0 Likes