How to change notification icon?
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now that we have GB on the Samsung Charge, I do not like the new, colorless gmail icon in the notification task bar. I want to change it back to Froyo one.  I guess it is an image file somewhere that I can not locate?  If I could I would just swap the file for a new one with same name and I think that would do it.  Any ideas on changing that icon?

0 Likes
Re: How to change notification icon?
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well boy, I spent some time on this and I can not locate the image file for the little gmail notification icon.   It has to be in a folder somewhere on the phone.  Does anyone know what it is named?  I searched and found a couple of suggestions but they were not anywhere on the phone.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You are not able to modify the status bars icons because they are located in a restricted area of the system and there is no way to access the files without voiding warrenty...

0 Likes
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well that explains it.  Thanks, I think.  It really is too bad they changed the gmail icon to that colorless one.  If you eyes are over 45 like mine it can be hard to make out exactly what it is when it pops up.  The Froyo icon was much easier to see.

0 Likes