How to download from pc to Droid?
dlsmith111

I work for the railroad and wondering how you down our rulebook to the droid?The rulebook is on our Employee site and is downloadable. New to this any help would be great. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to download from pc to Droid?
Wildman
Legend

1. If its on a site that can be downloaded  you should be able to open your phones browser to that page and download it just the same as you would download it on your decktop pc.

2. If for some reason that dont work you can download it to your pc and then connect phone with cable and slide top status menu down and select USB Connection/USB Mass Storage and then goto My Computer  and open Mass Storage drive displayed and copy file onto card.   Then you can access it on phone.

3. You can download with PC and then email it to your email account setup on your device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

dlsmith111 wrote:

I work for the railroad and wondering how you down our rulebook to the droid?The rulebook is on our Employee site and is downloadable. New to this any help would be great. Thanks

You can save the PDF to your computer. Then connect the phone as a mass storage device and copy the file to the phone's sd card into the folder of your choosing.

You also might need to download the adobe reader from the market if it is not on your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

1. If its on a site that can be downloaded  you should be able to open your phones browser to that page and download it just the same as you would download it on your decktop pc.

2. If for some reason that dont work you can download it to your pc and then connect phone with cable and slide top status menu down and select USB Connection/USB Mass Storage and then goto My Computer  and open Mass Storage drive displayed and copy file onto card.   Then you can access it on phone.

3. You can download with PC and then email it to your email account setup on your device.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wildman wrote:

You may have to change the view to the full website and not the mobile version.  At least that is what I have to do to download from one website that I am familiar with.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

That is correct, thanks for pointing that out...  I have mine set to always open in full version and my brain didnt think about that...:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
dlsmith111

Thanks everyone.Your input was very helpful.

0 Likes