Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
I HATE the Droid "Incredible" and I can't wait till my contract ends!
gjr8103
Enthusiast

I'VE BEEN WITH VERIZON FOR 9 YEARS AND I'M SO OVER THERE SERVICE! I HAVE HAD THIS PIECE OF CRAP PHONE FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS (20 MONTHS TO BE EXACT) AND IT HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS AND ISSUES

FOR STARTERS, (removed to comply with VZW Community ToS)! I HAVE A CHARGER AT HOME, IN THE CAR AND AT WORK. I'VE TRIED TURING OFF THE GPS TO SAVE SOME LIFE BUT THAT DOESN'T HELP. I HARDLY USE THE INTERNET, BUT GOD FORBID I CHECK MY EMAIL BECAUSE THAT WILL MEAN MY FULLY CHARGED BAR IS NOW AT 50%. YES, I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT GETTING A NEW BATTERY. I MIGHT AS WELL GET A NEW BATTERY EVERY 3 MONTHS THEN. BELIEVE ME, THE "SUPPORT" TECHS THAT I'VE DEALT WITH DON'T KNOW ANY MORE THAN WHAT I ALREADY KNEW! "RESTART YOUR PHONE." "TAKE THE BATTERY OUT." "MAKE SURE YOU UPGRADE." HOW ABOUT GIVING ME A FREAKING PHONE THAT FREAKING WORKS!! I'VE UPGRADED THE SOFTWARE BEFORE AND IT SEEM TO HAVE MADE IT EVEN WORSE!

DROPPED CALLS ARE MY FAVORITE PASTIME WITH THIS PHONE. YEA, I LIKE HAVING AN IMPORTANT CONVERSATION JUST TO HAVE THE CALL DROPPED. I HAVE TO CRAMP MYSELF IN A CORNER JUST TO MAKE A CALL, AND NO I DO NOT LIVE UP IN THE TREES. THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE WITH ME HAVE VERIZON AND CAN MAKE CALLS JUST FINE.

OH, I ALSO LOVE WHEN MY PHONE IS FINALLY CHARGED (AFTER 3 HOURS) AND I UNPLUG IT AND MY PHONE SHUTS OFF. NO BUTTONS PRESSED. IT JUST SHUTS OFF. IT ALSO SHUTS OFF ON ITS OWN WHEN I TEXT TOO MUCH AND I JUST LOVE HOW IT FREEZES WHEN I USE THE CAMERA. ALLOWING ME TO HAVE TO TAKE THE BATTERY OUT (AGAIN) JUST SO I CAN GET IT TO WORK PROPERLY.

VERIZON OFFERS NO "SUPPORT". I HAVE TO WAIT TILL MY RIDICULOUS 2 YEAR CONTRACT TO END IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET A NEW PHONE. UNLESS OF COURSE I WANT TO SHELL OUT $500+ FOR A NEW ONE TODAY. I ALREADY PAY A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT EVERY MONTH FOR MY CRAPPY CONTRACT, SO NO. YOU WILL NOT BE NICKEL AND DIMMING ME ANY FURTHER. THERE ARE OTHER PHONE CARRIERS THAT OFFER MY SAME PLAN AND FOR LESS AND WITH THE PHONE I WANT. I REALLY THOUGHT BEING A LOYAL CUSTOMER STILL MEANT SOMETHING THESE DAYS, BUT WHO AM I KIDDING. I'M JUST A DROP IN THE BUCKET TO THEM.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Re: I HATE the Droid "Incredible" and I can't wait till my contract ends!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Gjr8103, I agree with you! Having issues with your phone is never a good time and I’m here to help! I want you to have a working phone that you’re happy with and would hate to lose you as a customer. Let’s get to the bottom of this!

From what you mentioned it seems you’re having quite a few issues. Did they start after a recent software update? How long is your battery lasting? Is the phone charging completely? Keep in mind the battery life depends on the usage and Internet access will definitely use up the battery faster.

Let make sure a third party app previously downloaded on the phone isn’t causing the problems. Run the device in safe mode http://bit.ly/p5eed2 and see if you notice a difference. If you see an improvement you will need to delete all third party apps and reinstall them one at a time to determine which one is causing the problem.

If there is no improvement while in Safe Mode the next step would be a hard reset. Since you are having so many issues with the phone a hard reset is highly recommended. This will even help out with the dropped calls your experiencing.  I know this can be very inconvenient to do but, it’s a very important step in getting these issues resolved.

If you are still having the same issue after the hard reset http://bit.ly/oOaRQt please send me a DM with your name and mobile so I can access your account and see what options are available to you.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes