I Keep Receiving The Same Text Messages Multiple Times
cbf10

Every single time someone texts me, it doesn't matter who, I will receive the same message from them multiple times. At first I thought it was just them resending their message but I asked and they said no. After a few days it started happening with all my contacts that I text. Sometimes it's every other text message and sometimes it only happens a couple of times but it's extremely annoying. It got so bad that I had to bump up my plan to Unlimited Messaging just so that I wouldn't go over my limit because I think that it's counting the multiple messages! Also, I've tried updating my phone and that didn't work.

Does anyone have any tips or solutions to this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: I Keep Receiving The Same Text Messages Multiple Times
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cbf10,

I am sorry to learn of the erratic duplicate messages you are receiving from several contacts. Let's narrow the potential issues that may be causing this behavior. Are you using a 3rd party application to send/receive text messages (i.e. Handcent, Go SMS, etc...)? Have you altered the operating system software in any way? What is your software version, baseband, kernel and built number?
Clearing messaging data/cache as applicable may resolve the issue: Menu>Settings>Applications>ManageApplications>All>Messaging>Clear Data/Cache. Try it and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
kjoiner12

My cache was 0.00.  Using no altered operating system software or 3rd party applications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info, Kjoiner12! It's truly appreciated. Are you still using the Droid X? Have you deleted all text threads from the device?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes