I do not think Samsung cares
Phatbowler
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have to the ultimate conclusion that Samsung does not care about the people that use their products. I believe this because as Samsung keeps rolling out cell phone after cell phone, they are not focusing their attention to the user's phones that are obviously having problems. Each everyday I hope to see an update on my phone and everyday so far I am disappointed. My previous phone was a Motorola Droid 2 Global, but I thought that Samsung would be better at updating their existing phones than Motorola. To my disappointment, they are both just as bad.

It seems that greed has taken over and, instead of fixing current problems, Samsung is more focused on producing a wide variety of phones that probably will have the same fate as the Droid Charge.

I hope that I am not alone here, but i wanted to express myself in the best way I know how.

Even though I am not fond of the iphone, I am beginning to like it more and more with each passing day when I am dealing with my phone and its' problems.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I do not think Samsung cares
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

I came from an iPhone 3gs and AT&T.  The simplicity of the iPhone is equally as good as it is restrictive, but this is why it works so well.  I want to love my Droid Charge.  I like the flexibility and customization, 4g when it works, and more free apps.   What I don't like are all the problems and issues that go unresolved for far too long.  I understand that these are mini computers, but there is a reasonable expectation that they should perfom as advertised.  I am not going to relist all of my issues here, but it is getting more frustrating by the day and my patience is wearing thin.

If there is not resolution to these issues prior to the launch of the iPhone 5 I feel forced to abandon this phone and Verizon for lack of support. My current thoughts are that I will move my line and the other 3 lines on my account to Sprint.  I know I will pay an ETF, but it is cheaper in the long run to have a device that performs when you need it.  Plus I can use my Best Buy return program to get a credit for half the retail value of all of our phones in trade for new Sprint phones.  I paid a little extra for that program, but I am glad I did!!!

Hopefully there will be resolution and I won't have to screw with it any more.  We have no problems with our other VZ phones, including my wife's iPhone 4.  Come on VZ and Samsung!  Get your stuff together and fix our phones.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Samsungs track record hasnt been the best, when I had my Samsung Omnia and never seen any updates for the regular issues for almost over a year later, I was force to give up on them for support.

Akso you couldnt give me a iPhone... Way to restricted and limited in customization

0 Likes
Phatbowler
Enthusiast - Level 3
That is why I do not like the iPhone, but at least you know it has the latest OS.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If the update fix bugs I can see a issue with this but If the only reason a user wants the latest update is because it's the latest then I just can't get it... I have seen many complain about receiving a update but are not having any issues with device and then when they receive it they get upset because it has bits..

My opinion of a update is " Replace old bugs with new bugs "... I prefer them commit to fixing bugs in present OS instead of rewrite it and add new bugs. to add new features..

0 Likes
Phatbowler
Enthusiast - Level 3
I wanted the latest because of the fixes. All updates have problems, but at least it fixes some. I try to be optimistic in my view of updates.
0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

I came from an iPhone 3gs and AT&T.  The simplicity of the iPhone is equally as good as it is restrictive, but this is why it works so well.  I want to love my Droid Charge.  I like the flexibility and customization, 4g when it works, and more free apps.   What I don't like are all the problems and issues that go unresolved for far too long.  I understand that these are mini computers, but there is a reasonable expectation that they should perfom as advertised.  I am not going to relist all of my issues here, but it is getting more frustrating by the day and my patience is wearing thin.

If there is not resolution to these issues prior to the launch of the iPhone 5 I feel forced to abandon this phone and Verizon for lack of support. My current thoughts are that I will move my line and the other 3 lines on my account to Sprint.  I know I will pay an ETF, but it is cheaper in the long run to have a device that performs when you need it.  Plus I can use my Best Buy return program to get a credit for half the retail value of all of our phones in trade for new Sprint phones.  I paid a little extra for that program, but I am glad I did!!!

Hopefully there will be resolution and I won't have to screw with it any more.  We have no problems with our other VZ phones, including my wife's iPhone 4.  Come on VZ and Samsung!  Get your stuff together and fix our phones.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Yea I agree....I'll take on a few new annoyances at this point. Most of the time that's how it is anyways, you get an update and it brings some new annoyances and possibly kills the old ones. It is nice to have the newest operating system....especially since this "new" gingerbread OS has been out for quite a few months now!! It's not like im asking for an OS that has only been out 1-2 weeks...heck even 2 months. I would just like some new functionality added to this phone (i.e front facing camera working without having to d/l a 3rd party app, it'd be nice if it just worked with gtalk). I would love to have some new refreshed colors, the all black menu pop up on GB is nice, supposedly helps save a lil battery life too). A lil refresh would never hurt with a few bug fixes and a few functionality additions.

0 Likes