I have a data plan Q?
mlalcg

Okay so my cousin is offering my a slightly used Droid to me... I have an extremely old phone. No data plan, just calling and texting. So if I were to add this phone to my line in place of the phone I have now, would I need to pay the data plan rate? I really don't want to pay for data as everywhere I go has wifi.

0 Likes
Re: I have a data plan Q?
AZSALUKI
Legend

yes. you can't activate a smart phone without a data plan. the cheapest one is $30/month. you can only activate basic phones on your line if you don't have a data plan.

0 Likes
I have a data plan Q?
mlalcg

Not even if I were to go into the store and ask to not have the data plan? That would be stupid considering the data coverage in our area is about as bad as dial up...

0 Likes
Re: I have a data plan Q?
B33
Legend

mlalcg wrote:

Okay so my cousin is offering my a slightly used Droid to me... I have an extremely old phone. No data plan, just calling and texting. So if I were to add this phone to my line in place of the phone I have now, would I need to pay the data plan rate? I really don't want to pay for data as everywhere I go has wifi.

Well as generous as it is for your cousin to give you this gift.  As others on the post have said with out a Data plan of some Kind Verizon won't allow it. Now if your cousin don't mine an if you would prefer a non smart phone you might take the phone to your Local store an see if it would be worth any Value. They are giving ones that bring in a older phones Credit an you might be able to use it to buy a new phone that is if you Eligible...You might check an See who know's  you might walk out with a brand new Phone. Good luck B33

0 Likes