I have had an on-going issue with my Droid2...I am sometimes not receiving calls and sometimes I get voicemail notices hours later
TaraDee

I have spoken to tech support in the past and was told to turn the phone off and back on daily.  I was also told that I should call the *228 if I notice a problem. I have done this in the past, the real problem is that my phone is my link to my job.  I missed out on several hours of work today because I received a voicemail notification 5 hours after the call was made.  It doesn't show that I have a missed call and the phone never rang...any new suggestions? 

0 Likes
Re: I have had an on-going issue with my Droid2...I am sometimes not receiving calls and sometimes I get voicemail notices hours later
ffeineandsugar

Hi -

I'm fighting the same battle with my dw's Droid X - I've been working w/the level 1 and level 2 techs and am finding all sorts of oddities. Apparently, my son is having similar problems on a dumb phone (Samsung Convoy), so I suspect the problem may be with networking. They refreshed messaging tonight, and we're hoping that resolves the issue w/texts being delayed. The issue w/voicemail? Nothing yet. The *228 issue resulted in failure to program successfully, so that wasn't the right way to go. But in the words of the great Erma Bombeck, the grass is always greener over the septic tank - I hear that Sprint, Virgin, and AT&T all have this issue at times as well, with similarly mysterious origins. Networking is now looking at the ticket that was opened to see what the issues are, and I'll keep y'all posted as to what might be going on.

0 Likes
Re: I have had an on-going issue with my Droid2...I am sometimes not receiving calls and sometimes I get voicemail notices hours later
Struggling-In-The-US

Get a new phone and never buy Motorola or any more Droid phones again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ffeineandsugar,

I am really sorry to hear about issues you and your son are experiencing with your phones. Not having a reliable phone is not cool, so lets get this fixed! Since you are experiencing this issue on 2 devices that are different makes and models, you are absolutely correct that we would want to look at the network as being the culprit. I am happy to hear that a ticket has been filed and you are working with our technicians, because this is going to be the best way to put an end to these issues. I look forward to hearing back from you regarding the results of the ticket that was filed and the resolution information.

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
I have had an on-going issue with my Droid2...I am sometimes not receiving calls and sometimes I get voicemail notices hours later
TaraDee

The phone completely died about a month after this initial post...I never did get a good answer as to why it was happening to begin with.  I was eventually sent a replacement phone ( that is a whole new horror story and thanks to the in-store idiot that lost all my phone info because he didn't know his posterior from a hole in the ground).  All was well until today, I am now experiencing the same problems.  I can't wait until June when I can, maybe, switch phones or carriers, something has to be better than this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi TaraDee,

We don't want the same trouble to be starting again. Your replacement device worked fine for 3-4 months so it concerns me that it's something in the device itself causing the trouble. Did you keep your SD Card from the last device? Did you download the same applications as on your last phone? Have you reviewed to see if any same patterns have been done? We can't always pinpoint the exact reason for trouble but this doesn't stop us from fixing it. I had the Droid 2 for my personal years for 2 years and absolutely loved my phone. I want you to feel the same. Please share more details as to the device use and functionalities so we can get to the bottom of this.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TaraDee

Yes, the phone worked fine for a few months and has begun to do the same as before (twice since the 16th).  Yes, I have the same SD Card (no choice I didn't receive another with the replacement).  I have some of the same App's but I intentionally kept them to a minimum.  I don't use any email or social App's.  I "did" love this phone until it started costing me money (i.e. I work for a company on an as needed basis if I don't get the phone call I don't get the hours).  I use the phone to make phone calls, send texts, take photos and as a GPS when I travel.  I don't play games, use social media, listen to music or anything other than the basics I listed earlier.  I now turn the phone off each day and restart.  I haven't missed any calls (that I know of) in the last two days.

0 Likes