I shut down new update in middle-now I have nothing
Davesadoasisbar

Well I got up this morning to an update that said it would take 10 mins.  So an hr later I still see it circling, I thought it was frozen.  I couldnt power down or anything, so I pulled battery.

Apparently some update took place as the new home screen is there but everything else, contacts, emails, sync, all that is gone and most icons I touch they hold and come back asking if I want to wait.  I went to - about phone -system updates - but it just sits there looking and has been for 20 mins.

Any help?  I go out of town for a week for work tomorrow and Im married to this phone.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: I shut down new update in middle-now I have nothing
Not applicable

Yeah not a good idea to stop an update in the middle of it.

SydneyK
Master - Level 3

It's a bit late to tell you to never interrupt a software update. Can you get in your settings to at least do a factory reset? I don't know whether that will help at this point, but it may be your only option. Hopefully your photos are saved to your media card and you don't need any of your text messages. Good luck!

0 Likes
mj28
Enthusiast - Level 2

No idea - but I let the thing update to ICS and it pretty much bricked my Bionic. I HATE THIS!

(Sorry your phone is being dumb, and I don't really have any words of advice for you. Just saying your phone probably isn't any worse off than the rest of us with useless Bionics)

0 Likes
turborob

ok so my bionic is stuck on DOWNLOAD SUSPENDED... WILL RESUME SHORTLY been stuck on that for a half hour now any ideas

0 Likes
jnuttengr

After losing 4g and being forced to update via 3g and taking 1.5 hours the update finished and my bionic is bricked as well.  Text messages are no longer usable and it will not connect to 4g at all.

0 Likes
jnuttengr

Do not update Bionic to ICS!

0 Likes
turborob

ended up calling tech  support and they fixed it .so you have to pull the battery while its running then pull the both cards let sit for 60 seconds put it back together start phone back up go into settings and then about phone then hit system updates and start over... remember to make sure you pull the battery do not shut off first..good luck.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried clearing the phone cache?  That's highly recommended after an OS update.

If you need them, instructions are toward the bottom of this thread:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/782614?start=60&tstart=0

0 Likes