ICS Issues after upgrade-This Ice Cream Sandwich is not very tasty
WebDragon220

Background: I received the  ICS upgrade last night and right away started having issues:.

Issues:

1 The downloading lasted several hours. I finally had to pull the battery and forced a reboot.

2-Once I got on and started selecting different apps I noticed that Gallery or pic apps  and Music apps are having problems loading any of my files.  It constantly produces forced close statement.

3-My battery is having difficulty getting to full charge. For the record, I didn't have any issues with my battery or apps prior to the upgrade install.

Comments: I'm not too happy with the update. I didn't request this upgrade and  was happy with my phone just the way it was. In short; I had zero issues prior to this upgrade. .

Questions:

1-Am I the only one having these problems?

2-Is Verizon aware and will they be providing a fix for all these issues?

3-Is there somewhere I can get help with these issues?

Venting statement: Would you guys please thoroughly test the upgrades before you send them out to the masses?

Thank you for letting me vent. Now can someone please give me a workable solution?

Signed: Not finding this Ice Cream Sandwich very tasty

0 Likes
Re: ICS Issues after upgrade-This Ice Cream Sandwich is not very tasty
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are not alone and you'd know this if you'd do a search of the various threads that have been running rampant the past two days. 

Have you cleared your phone cache or done a factory reset?  It also takes up to 48 hours for the new OS to stabilize.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well my first advice to you would be, when it asked you if you wanted to upgrade you could have said no.

The update OTA I had found is or was just too many people trying to update or did not follow the update guidelines. Must have at least 40% battery on the device. Better yet it should have been plugged into the wall electric. No turning the phone off.

I must say on my own update it was downloading slowly and taking over an hour just to reach 20% and then crapping out with a network error while downloading message.

you can and should just use Verizons Upgrade Assistant to get your update. I went that route and it took 7 minutes to get the needed files on my computer, and another 9 minutes to have it auto install the update on my phone.

please note do not turn your phone off even after the download finishes. Just keep it connected and on and it will scan your media card for photos, apps, music and make things work faster and better. you will note the phone will restart on its own when fully updated.

0 Likes
aplmedic
Enthusiast - Level 2

My problem is that the phone is stuck on a screen that says "Android Is Upgrading.... Upgrading Media Database". This has been going on for over 3 hours now. I have followed the recommondations and the prompts so far. The question now is how much longer do I wait.................. 😞

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending on how many media files you have, it could take hours.  Too late now, but it's advised to backup your media and then remove from the phone before the upgrade.  Also keep in mind that once installation is complete, things may run slower while the system optimizes ... give it 24-48 hours.

0 Likes
aplmedic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you tikibar1!! I did the backup but didn't even think of removing it all from the memory. I'll tough it out for a while more.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I moved everything to a folder on my desktop just in case.

the music and photos and apps took a little time to organize but it did eventually complete the update process.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Good Suggestion Tik  Thumbs up

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Upgrading Media Base can take 12 - 18 hours depending on how many songs, pictures, documents, apps, videos are on the phone as ICS Optimizes ALL of these to install and make the phone faster. You can pull the media card from the phone and it will skip optimizing anything on the card and do only what is on the phone, but once you put the card back in, it will optimize the stuff on the card so you are not really gaining anything.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I tell what Jake i bet one of those 10 series 32 Gig SD's would Help a Quite a Bit as the Speeds are a heck of allot faster than that of the Card that Originally came with it) it would speed up File Transfers.. That's why i got one for my Maxx

0 Likes