Incredible 2 will only charge plugged into a computer
throck

I have tried 3 different chargers both USB (wall plug) and hardwired, different cords with no success.  The only time my phone will actually charge is when I have it plugged into my laptop.  All other chargers show the symbol, orange light, etc. but the phone will not charge and will eventually go completely dead.  This was not happening until the I did the ota update but I have no Idea if it had anything to do with it.  Tried battery removal reboot and all the other tricks.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Incredible 2 will only charge plugged into a computer
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hey there trhrock! I see that you're having some issues charging your Incredible 2. According to the post, the device will only charge when connected to a computer via a USB cable. You also said here that you've tried multiple chargers. I'm curious about that part. The device is originally packaged with a USB cable and an AC adapter, but you also mention a "hardwired" charger. Since this was not included with the original device, I'm unable to comment on its performance. I can advise that the original, undamaged USB cable and AC adapter that were packaged with the phone should function as charger when connected to a working AC outlet. If you have performed this action and found that the device fails to charge, then there is a manufacturing issue that you can I can address together. If that is the case, please send me a personal message through the forum. I'll need to know your name, your mobile number, and a good time to call you. Thanks for coming to the forums with your concerns, throck! 

0 Likes