Incredible and MS Exchange
jakep

My company requires that an "non-optional" screen password be put in place to link up to company email. Can anyone tell  me if the Incredible does this? (if it helps explain it any, the iphone has this system and the windows mobile phones do as well)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Incredible and MS Exchange
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

jakep wrote:

My company requires that an "non-optional" screen password be put in place to link up to company email. Can anyone tell  me if the Incredible does this? (if it helps explain it any, the iphone has this system and the windows mobile phones do as well)

The Exchange client that comes on the incredible does this.  When I first connected to our exchange server, I was required to enter a password.  Each time you wake your Incredible up, you will have to enter this password (even to answer the phone if it's ringing) ... not just when you want to check your exchange email.

This got to be too much of a hassle for me.  I no longer check my exchange email on my phone.  You can get an app in the MarketPlace called "lockpicker" that bypasses this password completely ... but, your company may object to this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Michuru

jakep wrote:

I am assuming it would work with your exchange server.  I currently have an Android phone (I am waiting for my Incredible to be shipped to me still) and I have no problem syncing with the exchange server.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

jakep wrote:

The Exchange client that comes on the incredible does this.  When I first connected to our exchange server, I was required to enter a password.  Each time you wake your Incredible up, you will have to enter this password (even to answer the phone if it's ringing) ... not just when you want to check your exchange email.

This got to be too much of a hassle for me.  I no longer check my exchange email on my phone.  You can get an app in the MarketPlace called "lockpicker" that bypasses this password completely ... but, your company may object to this.

0 Likes
jakep

thanks TL, that's encouraging. I ordered my incredible on a Friday and came into work the next Monday to the news that we would no longer be able to push our email to our phone unless it had and automatic and irremovable password lock once exchange was set up. Needless to say, my boss' new nickname became captain buzz-kill. But this helps!

0 Likes
stealingapples
There is an app called Touchdown that synchs with Android really well, even when the default Android service won't connect...unfortunately it is a 20 bucks after a 30 day trial, but it is a very good app.
0 Likes