Incredible and no sound
Anev

I'm loving the Incredible but today, sound has vanished.  I usually turn it to silent at night and back to normal during the day.  Since I got the phone last Thursday it's worked flawlessly with full sound but now nothing.

I can take a call and hear/talk but if I turn on the speakerphone I can't hear anything (I can still talk via the mic).  No notifies are working and it's like the speaker is off.  I've went through the settings forward and back and nothing.

Anyone else have this issue or is there a hidden setting that I might have toggled on to disable the speaker?

EDIT: I just plugged in some headphones and that works.  I can hear the clicks of moving around and the ringer, etc.  It's like the speaker has either died or been disabled.

0 Likes
Re: Incredible and no sound
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anev wrote:

I'm loving the Incredible but today, sound has vanished.  I usually turn it to silent at night and back to normal during the day.  Since I got the phone last Thursday it's worked flawlessly with full sound but now nothing.

I can take a call and hear/talk but if I turn on the speakerphone I can't hear anything (I can still talk via the mic).  No notifies are working and it's like the speaker is off.  I've went through the settings forward and back and nothing.

Anyone else have this issue or is there a hidden setting that I might have toggled on to disable the speaker?

EDIT: I just plugged in some headphones and that works.  I can hear the clicks of moving around and the ringer, etc.  It's like the speaker has either died or been disabled.

While I cannot offer you a solution, I can tell you that there is a similar issue being experienced by many people with the Eris running the *leak* versions of 2.1. While your issue is less severe, they are earily similar.

I would take the phone back to VZW and let them know immediately the issue you are having!

Best of luck to you!!

0 Likes
Anev

Well, oddly enough, I had set the phone down to talk to my boss after spending hours trying to get it to use the speaker.  I saw the reply and decided I'd take it back, walked over to a friends desk to tell him my sad news ... I'd have to visit the Verizon store when he said, no way.  He called my phone and bang, everything worked.  Speaker came on, ringtone went off and all my alerts and other notifications started working.

I have no idea what happened or why.  I'm no novice when it comes to technology, the phone wasn't bumped or moved (it's new and still nice and shiny - must protect the newness for as long as possible)....  I'm at a loss.  We'll see how long it continues, not sure I want to take it in until I can reproduce the problem.

0 Likes
n1acguy

I had a similar issue. Couldn't get the speaker to work and no sound from visual voice mail.

It was connected via bluetooth to my home telephone. Disconnected it and everything was back to normal. My home phone bluetooth system doesn't have a constantly active speaker like in an automotive system.

If it happens again, I would check to make sure it's not trying to connect to another device via bluetooth.

0 Likes
Anev

n1acguy wrote:

I had a similar issue. Couldn't get the speaker to work and no sound from visual voice mail.

It was connected via bluetooth to my home telephone. Disconnected it and everything was back to normal. My home phone bluetooth system doesn't have a constantly active speaker like in an automotive system.

If it happens again, I would check to make sure it's not trying to connect to another device via bluetooth.

Hmmm....  That's worth remembering, good point.

0 Likes
dumbdaddy

I had an issue where I tried to call my wife from my HTC Incredible.  When she picked up the phone, I could hear her talking, but she could not here me talk.  I called HTC.  They told me that it was a microphone issue.  It was not as the voice recorder worked fine.

I tried many differents things with no luck.  I finally changed the volume from vibrate up to a low volume.  Called my cell phone from my home phone.  Now it works.:smileysurprised:  Hope this experience can help someone else.

dd

0 Likes
Nokie

I was getting no media sound. Removing and replacing the battery brought the sound back.

0 Likes
desperateme
Hi there, for me my phone can't seem to hear other sounds except my ringtone. It has something to do with the media volume. It's forever stuck at 0 and I can't seem to increase it so I can't hear any videos, music and the games with audio. If you have a way to fix it without bringing it to the technician, I will be forever grateful to you.
0 Likes