Incredible will not get past HTC Incredible screen after update to 2.3.4
Don4HIm

I had major problems downloading the GB (2.3.4) build 4.08.605.2 OTA.  It would show it downloading, and then verifying the 87mb file (I was still running 2.2), but then it would just go back to showing "your software is up to date"... finally, it looked like it started to install & even started rebooting, but now it will not get past the first "HTC Incredible" white screen.

I let it sit for over an hour before I pulled the battery & then powered it back up, but it still wouldn't get past that screen.  I am able to get into Hboot, and I went ahead and tried a data wipe/factory reset, but it still doesn't work.

I really don't know anything about "rooting" my phone, or if that would even be a way to get it to work again.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Incredible will not get past HTC Incredible screen after update to 2.3.4
Don4HIm

Additional Info:  when I do the factory reset, I get the following in the "Android system recovery <3e>" screen:

-- Wiping data...

Restore factory NV setting...

formatting /data...

E:Can't open /data/cwpkg.zip

E:Can't open /data/cw.prop

E:format_volume failed to unmount "/data"

E:Can't open /cache/cwpkg.zip

E:Can't open /cache/cw/prop

Formatting /cache...

Data wipe comple.

0 Likes
Re: Incredible will not get past HTC Incredible screen after update to 2.3.4
Wildman
Legend

Did you reset with this process....

• Turn the power off. If your HTC DROID Incredible is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  • Hold the Volume Down button
  • Press and release the Power button
  • You are now presented with a menuthat allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  • Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  • Press and release the Power button
  • Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

0 Likes