International Travel with my Droid
Viamanci

Ok so I'm here in tally and I have a free internet hookup.  The computer works great.  Strong signal etc.  The Droid connects to the internet and is also as strong as the computer, but it will not connect to a server browser.  Am I barking up the wrong tree?  Is it capable of getting into cyberspace  or not.?

Ciao.

Michael

0 Likes
Re: International Travel with my Droid
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

It sounds as if you are connecting to the internet via wifi from your location. If you are able to get to the internet and just not the server browser you will need to check with whoever is broadcasting the signal to see what kind of restrictions they have placed on the connection.

0 Likes
ninludic

Hi Michael,

What an intersting coincidence. While searching for "droid" plus "international" plus "Italy", I came upon this web page. A very FRESH blog, indeed!

My girlfriend leaves for Italy (from California) this Friday, and I'm trying to get her to buy a droid to communicate with, via voice and email.

Two questions:
Did you get the issues figured out in order to get connected to a server browser?
What's the weather prediction for the next two weeks, wherever you happen to be in Italy? (wink)

Thanks

0 Likes
Viamanci

No I did not get the issue solved.  I would suggest that she buy the internation package for a month and then use her regular phone.  If e-mail is a priority, then she could get a mini computer for a hundred or so.  Then she could use it.  Then she could use Skype to communicate. 

0 Likes
Viamanci

UPDATE! 

I have been playing around with the Droid trying to get it to work.  Well, out of a clear blue sky, it started to download my mail.  It now does everything it did in the states except phone service.  That is OK, because I don't get phone service at my home in Colorado either.  In this case I did NOT sign up for international service because I have a 50 euro Italian phone that I can charge with minutes.  Oh, bye the way, I am still on 2.1.  I will not go to 2.2 till the problems are solved.

0 Likes