Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is my Incredible Encrypted?

My industry has very high security compliance standards, and I've just been informed that inorder to use our phones for anything work related we must have minimum 256-bit encryption.  I called Verizon and was told that there is no encryption on the Incredible (but the iPhone has it built in).  Does anyone else have these same requirements?  How do I get the phone encrypted??

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is my Incredible Encrypted?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I believe that you can add encryption to the Incredible. Not sure if it is the level you need. The option should be under settings > security

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

I don't see an option in security to add encryption, other than enabling a password/pin/design.  If I have screen lock design turned on does that mean that encryption is turned on?

0 Likes
nilla

They told you incorrectly.  Encryption is available on the Droid Incredible 2.  See the link i include below.  The link does not mention the level of encryption though.

https://support.htc.com/en-us/140-Droid_Incredible_4G_LTE_By_HTC_Verizon_Wireless/0K0/090

0 Likes