Junk Mail Filter
nbg2

I have several email accounts including POP3, GMail and a legacy MSN POP3 account and get more than 100 emails on an average day    A lot of it is junk from easily identifiable mailers who have gotten my email address and repeatedly send me their useless stuff (e.g. Expedia and Orbitz advertising discount trips and hotels, and political bloggers ranting about the latest cause).  On my PC, I filter out this junk mail several ways, including the filter from my Firewall, and the filter that exists natively in MSN.  But, when I get mail on my Droid Charge, the only Junk mail filter is the native one from MSN.   The result is that my Inbox on each account is getting filled with junk.  It takes me more time (and battery life) to sit there and delete the junk, than it does to read the real messages.   Is there a good app that can be used to filter out junk mail, or is there some other way to block particular senders from sending email to my phone?

I have found lots of apps for SMS, but have not been successful finding a junk mail filter that will integrate with the email that comes with Samsung Touchwiz.

Alternatively, is there some way to take the email that is native with the Droid Charge and replace it with a superior email app?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Junk Mail Filter
Nebular_Novice
Contributor - Level 1

I had a similar problem. 

I switched to K9 as my email app.  It has the capability to select all messages and then do a mass delete.  I still have to visually find the messages I want to deal with, but at least I can get rid of the rest of the junk quickly.  K9 is still a bit rough, but I haven't found and email app which "does it all."

I have never found a junk filter that was fully reliable, so I always have to do a visual search of the filtered stuff anyway.

If I were a program, I would be quite embarrassed to be associated with the native email app that came on the Charge.  It is itself a junk app.  I wish I could uninstall it to get it out of the way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Junk Mail Filter
Nebular_Novice
Contributor - Level 1

I had a similar problem. 

I switched to K9 as my email app.  It has the capability to select all messages and then do a mass delete.  I still have to visually find the messages I want to deal with, but at least I can get rid of the rest of the junk quickly.  K9 is still a bit rough, but I haven't found and email app which "does it all."

I have never found a junk filter that was fully reliable, so I always have to do a visual search of the filtered stuff anyway.

If I were a program, I would be quite embarrassed to be associated with the native email app that came on the Charge.  It is itself a junk app.  I wish I could uninstall it to get it out of the way.

0 Likes