Keyboard getting stuck!
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

Alright, my phones stock keyboard has started to act up. As a temporary fix I have switched to the swype keyboard but I hate that keyboard with a passion!

What happens is, whether I am in a text, on the internet, or anything that deals with using the keyboard to type, the keyboard will completely freeze if I hit the space bar or hit the period button. I can't hit the back button to make the keyboard disappear, the keyboard just stays on my screen, I can move to the different homepages and open apps, but the keyboard just stays there and everything opens behind it. The only way I can get it removed is to completely turn off my phone and turn it back on.

I have tried to clear the cache, clear the data, uninstall and re-install my texting app, but nothing works! I want my normal keyboard back and not the swype keyboard. Any ideas of what is going on?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Keyboard getting stuck!
HappyJackDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Try this:

1.  Hit the Menu button on the lower left of your phone.

2.  Settings.

3.  Applications.

4.  Manage Applications.

5.  All (along the top).

6.  Scroll down and select Multi-touch keyboard.

7.  Under "Storage," tap "Clear data."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Try disabling keyboard sound and vibration under Settings / Language and Keyboard / Multi-touch Keyboard...  This has been a on going issue with GB and Multi-touch KB..

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

Those are off as well :smileysad:

0 Likes
HappyJackDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Try this:

1.  Hit the Menu button on the lower left of your phone.

2.  Settings.

3.  Applications.

4.  Manage Applications.

5.  All (along the top).

6.  Scroll down and select Multi-touch keyboard.

7.  Under "Storage," tap "Clear data."

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

I didn't even think of clearing the data from the keyboard! Stupid me! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that and let you know what happens!

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you! that worked for now!

0 Likes
cowboy14

Just did this on my DROID2...seems to have fixed it!!! Very grateful for the help!!! Smiley Happy

0 Likes