Latest Update .905 - Data Loss / Disconnecting
LBtrw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was running fine a few days ago on .902 and since the upgrade to .905 I've been experiencing some horrible data disconnection issues. Is it Verizon's network or did the update screw up our radios? I am very unhappy that this update was supposed to fix / improve these data drops. Which I rarely had a problem with to begin with. I like keeping my phone updated but if this is the case I would like to know if reverting back to .902 will solve this problem? Rebooting phone or choosing "airplane mode" does not resolve my issue. The data drops seem to happen as soon as I open an app. I've used task manager to close all apps just in case one was breaking my data. Hope this issue gets resolved!

P.S.

From the Michigan area in a good 4G location.

Re: Latest Update .905 - Data Loss / Disconnecting
DrewVT6
Enthusiast - Level 2

That started happening with mine well before the .905 update in the LA area. I think some of the issues merely coincided with the release of the .905 update.    

rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here in NC. The issues started a couple weeks before the .905 update. My bionic still continues the data signal drop (its actually worse now) after the update that was mostly designed to make it more stable. My will keep connecting and disconnecting every minute or less. I'll reboot the phone and it'll be fine for a couple hours before it's starts the drop cycle again. I'm very disappointed with this phone. I had high hopes for it after upgrading from the stable original Motorola Droid

0 Likes
rickkdaustin
Enthusiast - Level 1

It may be coincidental but mine went south just after the .905 update. Horrible connectivity and this is causing the battery to tap out after 3 - 4 hours with no use.

I'm in the Atlanta area.

0 Likes
dustyman

I am having the exact same problems with 4g/3g connectivity and even wifi connectivity which is what I mainly use when at home. Since the update to .905 my phone completely drops data frequently in areas with excellent service. Even on wifi I have noticed data loss on my cellphone which is absurd to say the least. Battery life has tanked as well when on 4g/3g, likely because of the connectivity issues. Prior to the update to .905 the cell radio and wifi worked perfectly and never completely dropped data in areas with decent coverage.  Motorola ruined my phone with this update and I have noticed it is becoming a hot topic in forms. I just hope that Bionic users will put the pressure on Motorola to fix the radio problem fast.

FYI I have seen postings on forms indicating that the .905 update is a soak test for the upcoming 4.0.4 ota update, if this is true I hope they solve the radio issues in 4.0.4 or else I'm going to fxz back to .902 and call it good.

0 Likes
LRushforth

I am not having a problem now, but several months ago, I had the same problems (before the .905 update) here in Las Vegas.  Nothing would solve the problem.  I took the phone into the local Verizon store, and after they tried everything, they gave me a new SIM card.  Since then I have had no problems. I've updated to .905 without any problems at all.  I'm not sure Verizon wants to hand out new SIM cards to everyone, but I'm glad I got one.

0 Likes
dustyman

It's been a month now and it seems like a lot of the problems I was having have went away. My wifi connection works just fine now, the battery life has greatly improved, and sometimes I can surf the network without my data going out for hours. I didn't do anything to correct these problems, they just slowly vanished. However, the data drops do still occur and usually it happens when I'm out on the road trying to get directions through navigation or look up something important on the web. Since Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) has leaked, I've been reading that many bionic owners that updated to the ICS leak have no more data connectivity issues. I have considered updating but I'm afraid it would void my warranty and if it's actually an issue with my phone radio then I don't want to take any chances there.

0 Likes