Little green man with yellow exclamation point
jakesplc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Woke up this morning, my Droid X was off. Pressed the power button and got a little green man with a yellow exclamation point in a triangle above his head. Thought this meant I had to charge phone so I plugged it in. Four hours later, still with the little man. This is my only phone so I really need to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Little green man with yellow exclamation point
jakesplc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I am up and running again. Can you tell me what place my phone in that mode? Was it something I pressed by accident?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

That is the screen that puts you into "maintenance" mode, for lack of another term.  Power it off, if you can. Or just do a BATTERY PULL and repower up.  If it is "stuck" on that screen after the battery pull, there is a menu of options that you can get into from that screen. Just press the SEARCH button (far right bottom button) ... that will bring up a menu of options. You scroll through the options using the volume controls ... and to SELECT an option from that menu, use the Camera button. (One of the options is a factory reset ...  which should be the very last option you want to do of course if nothing else works.)

You're charging from a wall outlet, right? and not the USB PC charger.

0 Likes
jakesplc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I am up and running again. Can you tell me what place my phone in that mode? Was it something I pressed by accident?

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Honestly not sure...    maybe a "hiccup" on the OS.  The only way I know to actually PUT IT IN THAT MODE (when you want to), is by pressing and holding the HOME button and powering up the phone while holding. 

Glad you're back up and working.

PS - please mark the thread as "SOLVED" if you're happy again, so others might benefit if they get the same error.

0 Likes
AZdroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too get the yellow exclamation point, but I get no response when pressing the search key.  I cannot power off so must remove battery.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

If you actually are at GB version, you no longer press the Search button - but to get to the menu from the TRIANGLE, you press both Volume Keys at the same time ... then use the POWER button to Select a menu item.

0 Likes
patwary

i held the volume button and then my screen just turned black

now nothing shows up?

what do i do now?

all i see is a green LED  light when its connected to the charger

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Not sure what you mean, or what you did to get into this situation..  maybe more specifics is needed? Are you trying to boot into Maintenance mode or what? Was it working fine for some period of time & just did this?  Did you try pulling the battery and leaving it out for like 1-2mins  (disconnect it from your charger 1st though).

PS - this is a very old thread & was marked Solved.. In the future, you may wish to open a new thread with details of your issue(s).

0 Likes
patwary

ok now the thing popped up i tried wiping the data and cache but when i reboot the system it still goes back the explamation mark

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Did you try removing the battery?  If you did and it's now hanging on that screen, probably time to just do the factory reset.

When did this all start? How long have you had the phone?

0 Likes