Location Issues
gibby79

Over the past couple weeks my weather widgets (Weather Bug most of the time, pre-installed Accu Weather when home on a dock charger) have not been locating the phone for area weather. I've tried manual refresh, ending the application and re-launching, uninstall and re-install, all with no success.

The only way it's successful is powering down the phone and turning it back on, and even then it only grabs the location it is in at that moment and does not continue to refresh. I've got the location on, I've toggled between cell towers and gps with no success. This is a new issue that I have not had since getting the Droid X2 almost 6 months ago.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can get these weather widgets to work properly again?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Location Issues
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Have you tried clearing the Cache/Data for the APP ??

Settings / Applications / All Apps / -   scroll dwn to the APp (e.g., Weather?) and click on it.  Select Clear Cache / Data.

0 Likes
gibby79

Yep, I've tried that too. That actually was my first step and might have even been a pre-cursor to the problem(s).

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i don't use any wx widgets, just 3 separate accuwx sites on my homepage. they come up fine with radar/temps/forecast/etc.

i'm unclear on what this wx widget is supposed to do in terms of locating where the phone is for wx info.

0 Likes
gibby79

There is a "my location" option both with this WeatherBug app and the Accuwx - it uses the location feature(s) on your phone to pinpoint your location (usually to the nearest cell tower, unless you solely use GPS) and provide you with current weather conditions wherever you're at.

Mine is not working, and I'm at a loss as to what else I should try and do or if I have no options and have to use the web browser.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Curious - if you activate your GPS, does it find your location then?

0 Likes
gibby79

I'll attempt it when I get outside, but I believe I have tried that before with no success. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
gps works inside most places if you're above ground.
0 Likes
draya06
Contributor - Level 1

I don't use weather bug anymore, so i won't be a lot of help there. i do use the stock accu-weather app though. I have the cities that i spend the most time in programed in, so it shows the weather for my home all the time. This app does have an option to "show current location on widget". I keep it turned off, because it ends up showing the weather twice for the programmed city.  Anyway go into the app, press the menu key and select settings.  Make sure the current location box is selected. (Weather bug probably has something similar.) In order for this option to work, you have to keep your GPS turned on all the time. I do this cause so many of my apps require a current lcation, however it might affect your battery life.

0 Likes