Lock Screen/Browser questions/concerns for Moto Droid
JiveTurkey

I've had my phone since 11/09 & LOVE it!  However, I do have some issues...

The lock screen:  

When I first got the phone, it had an AWESOME looking "arc" style slider to unlock the phone.  There was an update that put it to the bland "iCrap" style "bar" slider.  Will there be a future update where this can be modified?  And yes, I've done the "Require Pattern", but this would be  a good feature.

Also, last night I noticed my lock screen was staying lit when not plugged in, which at times I actually desire (the "Polar Clock" wallpapter is fun to watch).  However, most of the time it goes dark after 3 seconds.  Any way, now or in the future releases, to change the time-out time when the screen is locked?   Also, while the varieties of live wallpapers ROCK, will there be future ones?  A picture slideshow would be outstanding!

For the browser (standard Droid browser):

Often times I will hit the Home button to go to another app/make a call etc, then want to come back to the same page I was on previously.  Most of the time, it will pop back up with the page that I was on.  At other times, it defaults back to Google, and any other windows I had open are GONE.  What the hell??!!  I didn't force close it, and as far as I know, it's supposed to stay open to the last page you were on until you tell it to go to Home page or force close & re-open app.

I've looked @ Dolphin, but I would like the base browser to be a tad more stable.  Speaking of stability, has anyone else noticed a considerable amount of lag/"Activity Not Responding" since the 2.1 upgrade?? 

(And no, I'm not a Droid Fanboy who was foaming at the mouth for the 2.1 upgrade.  I was perfectly happy with the 2.0, but the pinch-to-zoom & live wallpapers are a nice feature!) :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Lock Screen/Browser questions/concerns for Moto Droid
DrElwinRansom

Regarding the browser issue, I agree that this is dreadfully annoying. It seems to be happening more and more lately after switching to other (already running) apps. So much for multitasking!

0 Likes
Re: Lock Screen/Browser questions/concerns for Moto Droid
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Maybe it has something to do with the app itself? You can try emailing the developer of Dolphin Browser. Ask if any improvements are coming later or just mention the troubles you are having. You could also try using browser instead like Opera

0 Likes