Locked screen can't access phone
sylv

My daughter set up a lock screen on my phone and I obviously do not have the code.  Is there any way to bypass the locked screen to open my phone again.  How do I find my recovery password?  I do not remember picking one.  Eeeek, what a pain!!

0 Likes
Re: Locked screen can't access phone
lingo
Contributor - Level 1

If its android you can fail the password 5 times and recover through your Gmail password.

If its Apple outside of knowing the password, Verizon will not know this password.

You will need to go to Verizon and have them master reset your phone and try to do a recovery.

0 Likes
sylv

Thanks Lingo, it is an Android but it gives me ten times to try for the password then asks for another recovery code.  Of course I dont remember it either.  It says that it will wipe all data inline with security set up.  Augh!!

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

you might want to try an app called "Plan B" - it's primarily designed for phones that are lost (allows the owner to remote lock it, back up data, etc.).

so if you install this app, you could backup your content, then perform a data wipe/factory reset, and then recover all of your content again.

don't worry about your apps, as you can always redownload them from the market again.  also, your contacts should already be backed up via verizon or gmail (if gmail, then much more reliable).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello sylv,

I am sorry to hear that you were locked out of your phone! The lock code is specifically to prevent unauthorized access, so there is not a bypass option. In terms of what you can do, please try resetting the password in Gmail and logging in on Gmail.com. If that is unsuccessful, you would need to have the phone complete erased and reset in order to get back in. You can take out the memory card to salvage any information you can there if it comes down to this. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes