Low Pitch/Half Speed Streaming Flash Audio with 2.2 update
SixBrew

I was excited when I was able to pull up the streaming audio of Bob & Tom on sites that stream with Flash players, but once the audio started it sounded like it was slowed down to half speed.  I've tried several different streaming sites, but they all sound the same.  Must be something wrong with the Flash player itself.   Anyone else having this problem? 

0 Likes
Re: Low Pitch/Half Speed Streaming Flash Audio with 2.2 update
AZSALUKI
Legend

i checked a video from colbert report and it sounded fine. the voice was a fraction behind the video, but it sounded goog. i've seen others report that some sites work great while others don't work at all. think it depends on the site????

0 Likes
tmr

It works poorly in most cases. I subscribe to the LA Times and I receive the Flash-based E-Edition as part of my subscription. The speed and readability are so poor it's unusable. Works great on my laptop. ESPN 3 was barely acceptable. Hulu doesn't support the platform, etc.

0 Likes
gimmy

After 2.2 update--  Flash audio is not working making like crying sound from many websites

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Works on Fox.com's site and on G4tv as well. However it does have the problem with audio synch. It doesn't match up with the video, sometimes worse than others. I don't think that flash for mobile is really going to go far, it just isn't easy to implement. I can't think of a mobile platform that has it done well. Who knows what the future holds for it, but there's nothing up to this point that would lead me to believe otherwise.

0 Likes
gotIncDroid
I have exact same problem as SixBrew reported, the audio sounds as if It's been slowed down to half speed, happen when stream videos from Comedy Central, like Colbert Report or The Daily Show.
Any idea how to fix the issue is much appreciated.
0 Likes