Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Market vs. Play Store
ontheroad
Novice

I am having trouble with Play Store.  It closes, freezes, etc.  Old Market app was just fine.  Any one else having problems or found a solution?   I have done everything I know of, except restore to factory. 

0 Likes
Re: Market vs. Play Store
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Exactly what did you do?

0 Likes
B33
Sr. Leader

ontheroad:  Give this a try since your having issues with Google PlayStore  Take an Down BarCode Scanner then Snap this Image you can do it from computer screen as i did. It gives you the Latest PlayStore Update an PlayStore should Run Allot smoother for Ya. Now once you have snapped the Image you will see a File you need to Download it.. An you will have the New Play Store..Update

Give this a try...  Scan this with barcode scanner like Google Goggles..

Google Play Store Version 3.5.15.png

0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

B33 you had the same thing when you used the link I posted and didnt wiping the cache for Play Store resolve it for you?

0 Likes
B33
Sr. Leader

Well what i was thinking wildman he might of  downloaded the Play Store from the O.T.A. like i did.. Mine wasn't showing all that it needed to be an it would go back to the previous Update witch was 4.something. But when i got the A.P.K an downloaded it. It put the right Update in the phone i did do a cache clear as you advised an it working pretty good Now.

0 Likes
ontheroad
Novice

I did the remove battery with phone off and on.  Did the safe mode thing.  I just did the bar code download and will see if that makes a difference.  Thanks much for the replies.

0 Likes
ontheroad
Novice

I did this, thank you for the info.  So Far, no difference but I will see if it helps.  I also discovered that Firefox doesn't work anymore with the Market/Play Store app change so don't know what is going on.

0 Likes
B33
Sr. Leader

I would say it's because of the Update Go to your settings an Clear the Cache an Data for F.F.  an see if that works

0 Likes
ontheroad
Novice

I did clear the cache for Google Play Store. My version is 3.5.15 - hope that is the latest.  I cleared that data for FF.  Thanks much - I'll see what happens.

0 Likes
B33
Sr. Leader

Your Welcome

0 Likes