Memory
whdjr

What is the difference between the memories in the Droid X and Droid 2?  They both say 8GB flash but Droid X also says 8GB internal.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Memory
Cody21
Master - Level 2

As previous post mentioned, it is 8GB Internal (not mb as you said) ... That is the memory that is installed in the phone and is not removable. It's where the operating system and (many) APPS get installed, etc...  Basically the "brains" of the phone uses the Internal memory.  The external memory is what you're calling "Flash", presumably.  It is the REMOVABLE SD Card that comes with the phone and is 16GB (not mb).  Think of it as a separate "drive" that you can use to copy files to - like your pictures, videos, etc ... all without using up precious space on the actual internal memory.  Hope that helps.  (PS - you can upgrade the SD Card (flash) to 32GB if you wish.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
I believe, and I could be wrong here, that they both come with am 8 gb sd card (the flash memory?) and the X has additional 8 gb of internal memory which, if I understand correctly, is also used for stuff that would normally go on the card.
0 Likes
ssmith10pn
Enthusiast - Level 3

X has a 16GB card and 8GB internal.

0 Likes
whdjr

When I look to compare the X and the 2 to upgrade, both say they have 8 mb flash and the X also has an 8mb internal.  But what's the difference between flash and internal?  Am trying to decide which to upgrade to.  Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

As previous post mentioned, it is 8GB Internal (not mb as you said) ... That is the memory that is installed in the phone and is not removable. It's where the operating system and (many) APPS get installed, etc...  Basically the "brains" of the phone uses the Internal memory.  The external memory is what you're calling "Flash", presumably.  It is the REMOVABLE SD Card that comes with the phone and is 16GB (not mb).  Think of it as a separate "drive" that you can use to copy files to - like your pictures, videos, etc ... all without using up precious space on the actual internal memory.  Hope that helps.  (PS - you can upgrade the SD Card (flash) to 32GB if you wish.

0 Likes
whdjr

Thanks!  (I did mean GB, not MB).

0 Likes