Messaging (and other features) Stopped Working Right Two Days Ago
AngelaHerself
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi everyone. A couple days ago my messaging started working really really slowly and now it's ground to a halt. I see my list of conversations, but when I select one to open, the screen goes black and I cannot open it. The same is true for Gmail some of the time, my corporate email some of the time and my dialer. My dialer freezes a lot and whole phone freezes. I am not running any extra resource intensive things that I know of. No GPS, display is set to low light, etc.

Any ideas? I was in love with this phone a week ago but it's pretty useless like this. What should I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messaging (and other features) Stopped Working Right Two Days Ago
AngelaHerself
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up going to the Verizon store and they reset my phone. Something was pulling battery and making the phone slow/freeze, but he couldn't find what it was so had me start over and told me to add one app per day and see if anything happens so I can tie it to conflicting apps if needed.

Thanks for your responses!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SteelerFan
Contributor - Level 2

Try a battery pull and also reactivating it dial *228 and see if either of those helps. I would try the reactivate first.

Let us knoe if either of those work.

Thank You

0 Likes
Natashia86
Contributor - Level 1

I will suggest you try a battery pull as well. I too had the same issue.  I removed the battery and left it out for about 15 seconds. Its been working just fine since then. Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

0 Likes
AngelaHerself
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up going to the Verizon store and they reset my phone. Something was pulling battery and making the phone slow/freeze, but he couldn't find what it was so had me start over and told me to add one app per day and see if anything happens so I can tie it to conflicting apps if needed.

Thanks for your responses!

0 Likes