Re: More Bluetooth Problems
ts47
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Cherylann,

I've had the same problem.  Try going to "Bluetooth Settings", long press on your headset, a popup menu will appear, click "Unpair".  Now re-pair your headset.  It should work.  To avoid this problem in the future, only connect your bluetooth headset if the phone is awake (screen on).  I own the Plantronics Voyager Pro +.  It says "Phone 1 connected" when it connects.  However, it takes another 5 or so seconds beyond that for the connection to really take.  Once the connection is complete, I hear a beep tone.  Again, the phone has to be awake the entire time while connecting your bluetooth device or a week or two down the road, you'll have the same problem again.  The bluetooth on the Charge is not ready for prime time.  This workaround has been working for me. 

I've heard that the bluetooth performance is greatly improved with some of the leaked Versions of Gingerbread.  I have no way to determine if this is true or not.  Hopefully, this will all get fixed when Verizon/Samsung releases Gingerbread for the Charge.

0 Likes
Richs10
Enthusiast - Level 3

I thought it appropriate to resurrect this thread since it appears to have just fallen off Verizon/Samsung's radar.  VZW reps stated back in June that they would report the Charge's Bluetooth compatibility issues to Samsung, but it appears that's as far as it has gotten.  Since then, no responses or information has been posted to this thread.

I have problems with my Charge's Bluetooth and my 2012 Ford Focus with MyFord Touch/Sync.  Sometimes the phone does not connect at all and I have to manually connect it.  Other times, it will connect to the car, but then drop the connection a few minutes later.  The only solution I've found is to do a "battery pull" and then the phone stays connected. (for that trip).  I was hoping the upgrade to Gingerbread in December would cure these problems, but it didn't.

Very frustrating and disappointing.  Love the Charge, but I don't think I'm going to buy another Samsung product again.  They are much to proprietary with their systems, which runs counter to the whole idea of Android's open platform in the first place.  Another example of this is the Samsung Media Player is so unique to Samsung, it will not play nice with Bluetooth music streaming.  I can get it to work, but I have to go through several extra and unnecessary steps to do so.  ........and I'm not even gonna bring up this "cutting edge" device's complete incompatibility with the text messaging functions of a lot of the new Bluetooth systems.

Again, very disappointing.  We need some help here.

Rich

0 Likes
kaycul
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought a new Hyundai Sonata and have the same issue. I bought a new phone and need to exchange for one that is compatible.

0 Likes